San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Greening the OR Symposium
September 11, 2014 | Glencoe, IL
The OR is the epicenter of today’s hospital, generating about 42 percent of the hospital’s revenue. A primary source of hospital admissions, the OR drives significant costs related to equipment, supplies and personnel, and generates 20-30 percent of the hospital’s total waste volume. As the healthcare sector explores ways to become more sustainable, it makes sense to focus on those departments with the highest costs, greatest inefficiencies and/or largest volumes of waste. The Greening the OR Initiative works to coalesce the body of knowledge around sustainable practices in the OR, substantiate these practices with data and case studies, and develop guidance that can be shared across the sector. The financial benefits of these programs are significant, with millions of dollars in potential savings.
During the course of this one day workshop, we'll discuss strategies in the OR to reduce the environmental footprint and how to engage key stakeholders to make lasting changes. Topics will include energy and water reduction, waste minimization, environmentally preferable purchasing, and more. Together, we'll discuss next steps and key metrics, as well as highlight success stories from different Practice Greenhealth member facilities.
- Describe the environmental footprint of the OR and the impact on human health
- Delineate the business case for a Green OR
- Frame the benefits of green programs in the OR from a cost, safety, engagement and environmental perspective
- Describe the need for a team approach and delineate potential stakeholders
- Facilitate group discussion on strategies to initiate these programs.
|Member (only reception):||$29|
|Non-Member (only recep):||$59|
* For groups of 3+ from the same organization, please contact Kaeleigh Sheehan at 888-450-7707 for group pricing.