Actions and Detail Panel
Green Our Planet Teacher Training
Sat, May 13, 2017, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM PDT
GREEN OUR PLANET TEACHER TRAINING
FOR THE GREEN OUR PLANET OUTDOOR GARDEN CLASSROOM STEAM CURRICULUM
SPONSORED BY Whole Kids Foundation & Switch
- LUNCH & LIGHT REFRESHMENTS INCLUDED -
During the 7.5 hour face-to-face session:
- Learn basic gardening tips
- Explore, try out, and prepare to integrate the lessons created by Green our Planet aligned to Next Generation Science Standards to be used in your outdoor classroom/learning garden.
- Choose a project to benefit your outdoor classroom space and community. Learn from experts on a variety of topics like composting, pollinator gardens, and more.
If you want to receive 1 PDE credit and/or 5 Contact Units you need to complete an additional 7.5 hours:
- Share the progress of your project on CANVAS
- Submit a final presentation of your completed project on CANVAS
- Explore additional resources to help you integrate your outdoor classroom/learning garden into academics and routine.
TEACHERS RECEIVE 1 PDE CREDIT/5 CONTACT UNITS UPON COMPLETION OF TRAINING.
TRAINING COSTS $20. Once you complete the CANVAS assignments, you will be contacted by the PDE office to pay for the 1 PDE fee, $15. So the total cost of this class is $35 dollars if you want 1 PDE credit.
**Middle School or High School teachers can earn PDE credit.
**Charter School teachers are able to earn PDE credit.
**Teachers may receive on-boarding credit for this PDE.