Thursday, August 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM - Saturday, August 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM (PDT)
Orientation for first year students belonging to the 2013-2014 CAMP, ASPIRE, University Scholars and Greater Texas Foundation Scholars programs. Students will experience a unique introduction to their respective programs, meet and engage with other first year students and leave with a sense of pride, committment and expanded knowledge on how UTB works.
Questions? Here are some answers to typical questions.
Is the #GreaterCampUSSS Orientation mandatory?
Yes, because you were selected to be a part of your respective program and you will likely receive unique services and assistance, specific program information (i.e. CAMP & University Scholars) will be provided to you. This event is intended for your benefit, we cannot accomodate extra guests including family members and uninvited guests.
By the end of the orientation, you will see how much of a benefit and advantage it will have been to attend, trust us!
What do I need to bring to the event?
- Showercurtain with rings
- Toiletries i.e. toilet paper,toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo
- Sleeping bag or NON-fitted sheets (for twin or full size bed)
- Bath Towels
- Comfortable footwear for plenty of walking
- Enough comfortable clothing for two nights and three days plus one nice outfit for the signing ceremony
- Workout clothes and swimsuits optional (no cutoffs or t-shirts allowed in the pool)
What NOT to bring
- We recommend you do not bring large amounts of cash with you
- We will not be responsible for lost or damaged personal items such as ipods, smartphones, tablets and laptops.
- UTB is a tobacco free campus
- No alcohol allowed on campus
- No weapons allowed on campus
- Clothing with offensive language or imagery
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Call your respective program for additional questions or if an emergency arises.
CAMP: Jorge Hernandez 956-882-7871
ASPIRE: Monica Alvarado-Revuelta 956-882-7118
University Scholars: Heather Olague 956-882-5775
Greater Texas Foundation Scholars: Michael Aldape 956-882-7088
Where do I go first when I get to UTB?
Casa Bella which is the UTB Campus Housing is where we will register CAMP, University Scholars and Greater Texas Foundation Scholars. This is the address:
Residential Life Casa Bella Office
2651 FJRM Ave. Brownsville, Texas 78520.
Cell Phone 956-551-3859 Other Phone 956-882-7191
ASPIRE students can go directly to the Gran Salon at the Student Union Building (2nd Floor).
When & Where
Dean of Students Office
The Dean of Students Office is hosting a new and innovative orientation for its first year cohort programs. Orientation for first year students belonging to the 2013-2014 CAMP, ASPIRE, University Scholars and GTFS programs. This orientation will provide guidance and preparation for the fall 2013 semester, opportunity to meet students from the other UTB Dean of Students programs and receive specific training during individual program breakout sessions.