Welcome to year four of the Great Lakes Steelpan Festival! In case you didn't make it out the last few years, here are some things you missed:
* Ellie Mannette - The Father of Pan performing, sharing first hand history and teaching
* Gary Gibson - Performing and teaching
* Clyde "Lightning" George - Performing and teaching
* Kurry Seymour - Performing and teaching
* Freddy Harris III - Performing and teaching
* Gregory Boyd - Performing and teaching
* Hugh Borde - The man most responsible for bringing steelpan to the US
* Emile Borde - Performing and teaching
* Potts & Pans Steelband - Performing and teaching
* 80+ steelpans performing music written for the festival
We are also bringing back the mass band, so come enjoy the incredible energy of an entire gymnasium filled with steelpans. This has been a highlight in past years, and we are thrilled to say that we have commissioned another new piece of music by Gary Gibson for the festival this year!
This is the biggest steelpan event in the midwest. You do not want to miss out on this!
The day starts at 9:00 AM with FREE band clinics, workshops start at 3:00 PM and the evening concert starts at 8:00 PM. Check below for pricing information.
Tickets at the door are $25 for the concert, $10 with current student ID, $20 for seniors, kids 10 and under are free