Great Lakes Bioneers Chicago
Friday, November 2, 2012 at 8:00 AM - Sunday, November 4, 2012 at 5:30 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Your registration allows you access to all keynote speakers, interactive workshops, performances, and our exhibitor area.
Lunch and the Friday evening reception are optional events and are not included in your registration.
Children 12 years old and younger do not require a ticket to attend the conference. While we do have family-friendly programming, we do not have childcare.
Our inaugural theme is The Living City, using the body as a metaphor for the critical systems that are needed to keep Chicago alive, healthy and thriving. We plan to use this initial gathering as an organizing tool for positive change.
This event will include:
- Keynotes and Flash Talks by leaders in the environmental and social justice movements
- Empowering, interactive panels and workshops
- Inspiring music, poetry, drama, and dance
- Youth-related workshops and activities
- Exhibit hall showcasing Chicago's change makers
- Dr. Vandana Shiva - Author, activist and eco-feminist
- Nina Simons - Co-Founder, National Bioneers
- John Edel - Founder, The Plant
- Dr. Gerould Wilhelm - Botanist and Educator, CRI
- Mark Lakeman - Urban Placemaker, Communitecture
- Starhawk - Author/voice of earth-based spirituality
- Richard Heinberg - Post Carbon Institute
- Group Problem Solving - Co-creative solutions and innovative civic engagement
- Biomimicry - Positive change guided by nature's principles
- Architecture/Infrastructure - Green buildings and infrastructure that support our food, energy, water, and waste cycling needs
- Cooperatives - Alternative models for providing food, housing, and employment
- Permaculture - Healthy communities through urban agriculture and permaculture design
- Climate Change - Responding to a changing climate
- Do-It-Yourself - Back-yard chickens, electricity from your bike, and more!