Great Cloth Diaper Change 2013 | Southern Illinois
Saturday, April 20, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (CDT)
West Frankfort, IL
Join us on April 20th, 2013 as we attempt to help break the world record for the most cloth diapers changed at one time! This world record attempt is a great way to show the world how many people are already choosing and using reusable cloth diapers successfully. Last year we broke the Guinness World Record that we set in 2012 (5,026 participants at 127 locations in 5 countries) with 8,251 participants 189 locations in 11 countries!
Even if you don't currently use cloth diapers you can still participate! MMB will be providing providing FREE prefold cloth diapers to use for the change if you don't have your own. Or you can borrow from a friend. Be part of a world record & let us show you how easy, economical and eco-friendly cloth diapering can be!
1. Arrive on time! The "change" happens at 11am but you must arrive ahead of time in order to check in and for us to be able to count everyone.
2. BYO reusable cloth diapers. For this record, each baby must be changed from a cloth or disposable diaper into a reusable cloth diaper that must be able to be purchased online or in a retail store. Unfortunately, homemade diapers that are not commercially available cannot be used. This is a very strict rule from Guinness World RecordsTM. Trainers will not count. It must be a 100% reusable cloth diaper.
3. All babies and toddlers to be changed must be 39 inches or shorter. If you are bringing older children, we'll have a supervised play area just outside the changing area so it doesn't get too crowded.
4. Each baby must be paired with exactly one adult participant. There will be extra adults. Please let us know if you need a pair of helping hands for additional children to be changed.
5. Plan for contingencies: don't forget your wetbag, extra wipes (preferably reusable cloth wipes!), a changing pad, and a healthy dose of good humor!
Donation request: Please bring $1 (or more) as a donation to the Real Diaper Association, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to spreading the word about reusable cloth diapers.You may also donate through paypal when you preregister for the event.
- Bring a changing mat or blanket.
- We will be having a raffle after the change- for a chance to win some really cool prizes (and donate to the Real Diaper Association) you may purchase tickets via event brite above. You don't have to be present to win.
- T-shirts will be available for purchase. You may pick up your t-shirt at the will call table at the event.
- The first 20 participates to arrive and get signed in will receive a goody bag with products, coupons and samples from our event sponsors.
When & Where
Mom's Milk Boutique
Mom's Milk Boutique is Southern Illinois natural parenting store.