Graph Data Modeling with Neo4j – Portland
Tuesday, February 4, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM (PST)
Course Name: Graph Data Modeling with Neo4j
Duration: 8-hours/1 day
Skill Level: Intermediate
Delivery Type: Classroom delivery with instructor
- Developers, DBAs, Business Analysts and students.
- An understanding of the labeled property graph
- How to apply the property graph to common modeling problems
- Common graph structures for modeling complex, connected scenarios
- Criteria for choosing between different modeling options
- How to modify an existing model to accommodate new requirements
- You will need some familiarity with Neo4j, and the Cypher language in particular. The material from the Intro to Neo4j course is sufficient knowledge to understand this course
This course teaches how to design and implement a graph data model and associated queries. With a mixture of instruction and hands-on practice sessions, you’ll learn how to apply the property graph model to solve common modeling problems. You’ll also learn how to evolve an existing graph in a controlled manner to support new or changed requirements.
- Introduction to the labeled property graph model
- Modeling guidelines
- Common graph structures
- Evolving a graph model
You will need your own laptop. Please arrive early to quickly install the product and labs used in the class.
Huston Hedinger is the Founder and CEO of GraphAlchemist, providing Graph infrastructure as a service to large research organizations and Fortune 500s. GraphAlchemist offers a blend of products and services that focus on graph data modeling and data import as well as Business Intelligence for connected data.
Before founding GraphAlchemist, Huston studied computational social science and worked for an early stage venture fund in the Middle East. Before receiving his Masters Degree from the Monterey Institute of International Studies he worked in Private Equity Finance and Commercial Real Estate. He is a (mostly) self taught hacker and enjoys prototyping new technologies for use in data science, natural language processing, and data visualization. He is a speaker of Arabic, an Ultra-marathoner (well, he did one, that was enough), and a Crossfit certified trainer.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For any questions about the event, e-mail email@example.com