Grand Opening of Uvira Mental Health Center - Saturday, December 10 from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Uvira Mental Health Center is first-of-its-kind project designed to meet mental health needs in eastern Congo. The center will serve primarily residents in territory of Uvira, territory of Fizi and territory of Walungu (kamanyola), although individuals living outside the region may also receive care. http://www.crpduvira.org/
Uvira is a city in Sud-Kivu Province, Democratic Republic of Congo, located at the extreme north end of Lake Tanganyika. There is a lake port called Kalundu at the southern end of the town (the the second important port in the Congo), which provides links to:
- Kalemie in Katanga Province,
- Kigoma in Tanzania,
- Pulungu in Zambia,
- and Bujumbura, the capital of Burundi.
Uvira is also linked by road to:
- Bujumbura, the capital of Burundi (25 km)
- The the territory of Fizi (60 km)
- Rwanda via the Kamanyola border (80 km)
- Bukavu, the capital of Sud-Kivu province (120 km)
- Kalemie in Katanga Province and (385 Km)
First-of-its-kind project designed to meet mental health needs in eastern Congo. http://www.crpduvira.org