Actions and Detail Panel
Graffiti & Street Art Walking Tour in Brooklyn
Thu, June 29, 2017, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Graffiti: crime or cultural creation?
- Ø Discover an exciting world of graffiti taggers and street artists on this walking tour while viewing some of the most visually incredible murals in New York City.
- Ø Today there is more awareness than ever about the imaginative artists who bring walls, buildings and even entire neighborhoods alive with their vibrant creations. Join this walking tour in Bushwick, Brooklyn to experience fascinating works by these globetrotting innovators. Prepare to view artistic murals large and small while exploring streets pulsating with creative energy. Eyewitness for yourself why the district is rapidly becoming a world-renown center of street art, as well as New York City's premiere place of graffiti culture.
- Ø As we walk, expect to be immersed in the culture and lifestyle of today's urban artists, who hail from as far away as Europe, South America and even Asia. Learn about the top contemporary artists, their quirky personalities, and find out just how much people have been willing to pay for their work!
- Ø Discover the different styles and forms of the trade, which include murals, wheatpaste posters, tags and stencils. Learn about the techniques and varying nuances between them, and how they have developed and evolved over time.
- Ø Join this walking tour if you desire to learn more about this exploding phenomenon, or if you simply seek to see for yourself the very best murals New York City has to offer!
- Ø Please note that this tour takes place in Brooklyn.