The purpose of Government Ready Levels 3-4 has been designed to expose students on how the federal government contracts with small businesses. Throughout this course, students will be exposed to understanding Small Business Administration (SBA) Certification programs. Our instructors utilize various federal databases to demonstrate how to leverage those certifications when marketing to the federal government. Also, this course gives students an opportunity to gain hands-on experience on learning how to collaborate, build capacity, and determining what marketing materials are required when marketing to the federal government.
All materials pertaining to this course will be accessible in the students’ individual folders. Folders are labeled by week and topic discussion. Students are free to access all information in folders for their review of topics discussed, and will have access to the information for the duration of the course.
By the time this course is completed students should have obtained the following:
- Understanding SBA programs and your small business
- Leveraging SBA Certifications (WOSB, SDVOSB, 8a, and Hubzone)
- Developing an Effective Capability Statement and Website
- Creating a comprehensive outline for responding to notices from the federal government
- Learning the roles of the CO, COR, COTR, and other representatives
- Hands-on Real World Exercises on Responding to Federal Opportunities
- Role Playing when marketing to the Government Buyer
- Identifying 8a Sole Source Contracts- No competition for contracts up to $4 million dollars