Governor's Marketplace - Roadshow 2012 Hood River
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 2:30 PM
The Governor's Marketplace is taking the show on the road this summer to support Oregon small businesses!
The Roadshow is a single day event on Wednesday, October 10th. We're pleased to have so many partnering organizations to share high-value information; from start-to-finish government contracting to learning about the many available resources to take your business to the next level. Thank you to the Port of Hood River for hosting our day; because lunch is included, prompt RSVPs will ensure adequate meals for the group.
Partnering organizations include:
- Governor's Office of Economic & Business Equity
- Director Myers will share an update of Governor Kitzhaber’s priorities and describe many support resources/tools to assist Oregon small business growth.
- Oregon Department of Transportation
- Discover innovative programs connecting small businesses of nearly all specialties to the many needs of ODOT. Procurement specialist will be on hand for a detailed Q&A.
- Department of Administrative Services
- Learn tips for navigating ORPIN and marketing your products & services to State of Oregon agencies, and hear updates on ORPIN 2.0
- Bureau of Labor & Industries
- Stay in compliance with Prevailing Wage Rate Laws and understand how to avoid costly mistakes when working on public works projects. You’ll learn about requirements like public works bonds and certified payroll report forms, and when overtime is due. You’ll also receive reference materials to answer questions you may have down the road to success.
- Oregon Department of Revenue
- The Payroll Tax Division’s focus is to assist businesses in fully understanding tax reporting responsibilities and to correctly classify workers. Worker classification, employee versus independent contractor, not only determines how workers are paid, but can also be extremely costly if not done correctly
- Government Contract Assistance Program
- GCAP is part of a nationside network of Procurement Technical Assistance Centers, or PTAC's. They work with Oregon based businesses that are interested in selling their products and/or services to federal, state or local government.
- Mercy Corps Northwest
- Mercy Corp Northwest is a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing self-sufficiency. They offer extensive business training, loans and grants to small business owners, and those wanting to state a small business.
- Small Business Administration
- The Three C’s of Small Business" presented by the Portland District Office, US SBA. In this session, the SBA will present and facilitate a discussion revolving around Contracts, Capital, and Counseling programs and services
Oregon Employment Department
An Economist from the Oregon Employment Department will give a quick overview of the area's economic and labor market trends, and will describe some of the products and services they can provide small and growing businesses to help you make informed business decisions.
Small businesses are the backbone of our economy! Our goal is to provide valuable information, tools and resources, and create or strengthen relationships to assist Oregon small businesses to get back to work. We hope to see you and feel free to invite other small businesses to join us ~
When & Where
Governor's Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion/Affirmative Action
2017 Governor's Marketplace Conference
The Governor’s Office and the State of Oregon have made it a priority to create equity in public contracting and procurement; bringing opportunities, access and connection for small business to thrive in Oregon.
The Governor’s Marketplace Conference brings together industry professionals, public agencies and private organizations, diversity practitioners and small businesses to build valuable relationships. Small businesses will learn about opportunities, and local resources available.
The Governor’s Marketplace activities will include:
- Continental breakfast and networking
- Training for startup, established and growing businesses
- Workshop for agency buyers/procurement officers/diversity practioners
- Luncheon with an engaging panel of professionals
- Reverse vendor exhibitor fair
The training portion of the day is set up as a three path system. Each path will address and provide resources to better understand the marketplace, financial and technical suppport, certifications, and public contracting and procurement as they relate to your business today. Business owners will be able to select the path that best suits their business needs.
Business Owners: If you are a business seeking public contracts, this is the event for you! Come learn about the billions of dollars in public contracting opportunities and how to access them, as well as build your business network! Please register as a Business Attendee
State Agencies: Please register as a State Agency Exhibitor to join us on at this extraordinary event and share your contracting opportunities.
NON-State Agencies (Private, Federal, Non-profit): Increase your diverse supplier pool by exhibiting and connecting with small businesses who are ready to work with you. Come network with us! Please register as a NON-State Agency Exhibitor.