Google Technology conference GTUG#4: Android, GWT, Social Media
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 from 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM (CDT)
This the 4th Chicago Google Technology conference and the second part of the Android group presentation organized by Roberto Serrano in coordination with Chicago GTUG's Uki D. Lucas.
- 5:30 pm: Chris McAvoy (Chicago Python Group)
- Amazon Cloud Web Services
- 6:00 pm: Eric Cloninger (Motorola - lead in the Motodev Studio Project)
"Introduction to Motodev Studio development environment for Android"
- 6:40 pm: social break
- 6:45 Uki D. Lucas
- How Social Media can benefit your business? No nonsense approach
- 7:15 pm: social break
- 7:30 pm: Richard Li
- Samsung's Android phone with a cube UI:
- How to do color based picking in OpenGL
- How to fire up an Android application based on a 3D event
- Google NDK with support of native OpenGL ES programming
- 3D animation with OpenGL ES on Android
VERY IMPORTANT! Directions to MOTOROLA offices, review and PRINT, you will need it:
There are two entrances to the parking garage – off of East Wacker Drive and South Water Street. Elevators are located centrally and in the SE corner.
● East Wacker Entrance - is located on East Wacker just past the intersection with North Michigan Avenue.
● South Water St. Entrance – from North Michigan Avenue, turn east onto South Water Street. The garage entrance is located immediately on the left.
From the South East Elevator Bank
1. Take the SE elevators up to the concourse level.
2. Step out of the elevator and go left.
3. Take your first available right.
4. Stay straight and take escalators labeled “233 North Michigan” up to the building lobby.
5. Take the elevator up to the 8th floor.
From the Central Elevator Bank
1. Take centrally located elevators up to concourse level.
2. Follow hallway out of escalator
3. Take a left as hallway ends (after Potbelly Sandwich Shop).
4. Then take another left after passing Cosi’ Café.
5. Take escalators labeled “233 North Michigan” up to the building lobby.
6. Take the elevator up to the 8th floor.
If you are being dropped off
The drop-off area is located on the NE corner of the building on Stetson Ave.
● If you are traveling east on Lake St, take a left on North Stetson. The drop-off entrance will be on your left.
● If you are traveling east on East Wacker Drive, take a right on North Stetson. The drop-off entrance will be on your right.
● If you are traveling south on Michigan Avenue, you can turn onto either East South Water or onto East Lake Street. For directions from East Lake Street, see above. For directions from South Water Street, use directions below:
1. Turn East on South Water Street. You will come to a stop sign.
2. Proceed up the ramp to the second stop sign.
3. Do a left-hand u-turn to reach Stetson Avenue.
4. Turn right onto Stetson Avenue.
5. Take an immediate left into the drop-off area.