Google Plus: Learning the 2nd Largest Social Network
Tuesday, March 4, 2014 from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM (CST)
Chicago, United States
Google+: The Social Network You Can't Ignore Anymore
According to Marketingland.com, Google+ has 540 million monthly active users. That's a huge potential market. Lack of ads, a beautiful interface, good functionality and Google's increasing reach into everyday life have made the social network the second largest of all the social platforms.
If you've been wondering what the fuss is about, have a couple glasses of wine and join the discussion and learn why Google+ might be an effective medium to grow your business or build your personal network.
Specific Topics of Discussion Include:
- The important points of a Google+ profile
- A demonstration of Google Hangouts
- Tips and tricks for posting, publishing and displaying photography
- Using Google+ Communities to find new audiences
- The rumors about its effect on search engine traffic
- A kick-start to getting your business on G+
- Building personal influence with Google Authorship
John Armstrong, Senior Community Manager at Astek, director of the Astek Academy and frequent speaker on social media strategies. He's also an occasional travel blogger, pie aficionado and full-time Olympic hockey fan.
Kyle Akerman, Senior Analyst at Astek, is an engineer turned online marketer. He enjoys helping companies Create, Promote, and Measure their Internet Marketing efforts. For fun Kyle takes Improv classes at Second City and volunteers for local internet radio station CHIRPradio.org.
Jenni Prokopy is an independent writer, communications consultant and social media strategist in Chicago. She's the founder and editrix of ChronicBabe.com, an online resource that teaches tens of thousands of women to kick ass in spite of illness. She loves all things pink and orange.
5:30 - 6:00 Drinks
6:00 - 7:30 Thinks
7:30 - 8:00 Drinks
Getting to the Astek Office:
- CTA Clinton/Halsted Blue (3 blocks)
- Metra (Union Station, 3 blocks / Ogilvie, 5 blocks)
- Lot Parking ($6 for 2 hours / Adjacent)
- Paid Street Parking (Adjacent)
- Free Parking (South of Clinton Blue Line)
What's the Think-n-Drink?
The Think-n-Drink is our excuse to meet on the first Tuesday of every month to chat about marketing and technology. Join us to learn, network and share a glass of wine!
When & Where
This event is brought to you by the Astek Academy, the educational program of Astek - a Chicago-based full service digital marketing agency.
Find us at www.astekweb.com