Gong Training for Teachers, Therapists and Sound Healers with Mehtab Benton
Date(s): Saturday, December 3 - Sunday, December 4
Duration: 10-Hour Course
Saturday December 3 // Morning: 10AM - 1PM / Lunch: 1PM - 2:30PM / Afternoon Session: 2:30PM - 6PM
Sunday December 4 // Morning: 10AM - 1:30PM
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY: http://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=325594&stype=43&prodid=10166
FULL GONG WEEKEND: Gong Training + Sacred Sound Concert (Friday night)
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY: http://clients.mindbodyonline.com/classic/ws?studioid=325594&stype=43&prodid=10164
This is a complete course in How to Play the Gong with Mehtab Benton, from the beginning level to intermediate playing techniques. No prior musical or gong experience is required, and is suitable for beginners as well as yoga and meditation teachers, healers, and therapists who work in traditional and alternative modalities.
In this certified training, you will learn:
- How to play the gong for yoga, meditation, relaxation and healing.
- The effects of playing different areas and percussion points of the gong
- How to create a full experience of sound with rhythm, volume, and playing patterns
- How to build playing sequences to create a gong session
- How to select and take care of your gong
- The role of intuition and meditation in gong playing
- Upon completion of this 10-hour course, you receive a certification of completion for playing the gong for relaxation, meditation and healing.
Gongs will be provided at the course. Please bring your own gong if you already have one.
Gongs may also be pre-ordered for this course to take home with you after completion or sent directly to our home or business. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details about the best type of gong to get and to arrange purchase.
Mehtab Benton is originator of Gong Yoga and author of Gong Yoga: Healing and Enlightenment Through Sound, published in six international editions and translations. His book Teaching Gong Yoga is the first book on using yoga practices with the gong, and his DVD course How To Play the Gong is a best-selling video for beginning and intermediate players. His latest book, Gong Therapy, has been used in courses around the world by yoga teachers, sound healers, and therapists. A long-time resident of Austin, Texas “The Music Capitol of the World,” Mehtab has lectured on the Gong in the University of Texas Master Teacher series and has taught Yoga of Sound classes since 1998.