You are invited to the
Goat 'N Guzzle
At Skeeter and Jacque’s house
We will be spending the day cooking whole Goat and Lamb, Gikuyu style, with our fellow African friends.
This will be the real stuff … the best stuff on earth.
- We will once again have great music. Details soon
- Those who have African roots, and have a favorite dish they would like to bring, please contact us. We would love to add your dish in lieu of donations.
- For the non-African’s coming, this year we are requesting a $8 donation for desserts, drinks, snacks, and side dishes. Due to the growing number of guests each year, we think it will be easier for overall coordination, if we supply the snacks, desserts, and beverages ourselves. If you can’t afford this, just sign up under "African" and the ticket is free. I hope everyone understands.
- If you are vegetarian or are too chicken to try the best cooked meat on earth, there will be plenty of other options for you.
- If you are a writer, singer, artist, crafts-person, bring some of your stuff with you. We will make table space available for ANY art, book, or craft. If your art isn't exactly African, no worries, bring it anyway.
- There will be some time set aside for writers and poets to do a short reading, and artists to say something about their work.
- Let us know if you need lodging or hotel recommendations. We have limited space available at our house and friends’ houses, so let us know early if you need lodging other than a hotel.
- Come early if you want to help, stay later if you are having too much fun --
I’m looking forward to seeing you and enjoying a day, eating, singing, and sharing tales of Africa together.