Put on something orange and let's GO ORANGE for HAPPINESS!
Join J&K Fitness Events and Uneek Promo on Sunday, December 4th as we uplift people living with and those who have lost family members to Renal Medullary Carcinoma (RMC), a kidney cancer linked to sickle cell trait. RMC tends to be aggressive, hard to treat, and is usually metastatic at the time of diagnosis.
Proceeds from this event will benefit: a local woman living with RMC; and the Journey to Happiness Movement, named in memory of Journey Butler, a 13-year-old who sucummbed to this disease in July 2016.
What Should You Expect at GO ORANGE for HAPPINESS?
- Health information on RMC and sickle cell trait
- 2-hour dance fitness PARTY featuring DJ Sincity!
- Local Zumba Fitness & other dance fitness instructors:
- Jonas & Rico
Event vendors include:
- Advocare (nutritional supplements)
- Desserts 4 Dequan (assorted sweet treats)
- The Hooker Mom (unique crocheted gifts)
- Kut Kreations by Press Play N Zumba (cut T-shirts)
- Make Mi Over (custom shoes and creative gifts)
- Mary Lu's Accessories Boutique (handbags)
- Paparazzi ($5 jewelry)
- Pound Cakes by HoneyB (homemade pound cakes)
- Scentsy by NeeNee (scented candles & aromatherapy)
- Sunshine Da Artist (T-shirts, activewear)
- Uneekly Gifted Hands (one-of-a-kind handmade gifts)
- Younique (makeup designed just for you)
How You Can Help:
- Learn about RMC (Visit www.rmcsupport.org)
- Go to https://www.change.org and search RMC to sign the petition to ask the President and Senate to approve more testing for those with sickle cell trait.
- Donate to this event now!
- Attend Go Orange for Happiness!
Is there an age limit to enter the event?
This event is open to everyone; however, the children's center will be open for children under age 10.
What are my parking options?
Fitness 4 Less is located in Sanctuary Square (formerly Hampton Mall), on the end in the old Staples building. There are plenty of parking spaces available.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For questions about the event, please contact Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-395-2014.