The curriculum review is hosted by Sofia Herrera, who is a Chemical Engineering graduate student at ASU conducting a research study to evaluate the effectiveness of her water focused middle school curriculum materials. The curriculum was developed with the help of the ASU/NASA Space Grant Fellowship office and the Center for Gender Equity in Science and Technology.
This is the final review that will walk though the finalized curriculum that combines culturally responsive teaching, social justice and engineering to present key concepts including water use, purification and infrastructure.
Course materials that may be used in classrooms will be available online free of charge once the evaluation of materials is complete.
Benefits of Attending
- Free access to curriculum materials that combine culturally responsive teaching, social justice and engineering to present key concepts including water use, purification and infrastructure.
- Unique opportunity to co-construct a curriculum that may then be used in the classroom
- Opportunity to learn the tenets of culturally responsive teaching and how to apply them in the classroom
Time: 9 AM - 4 PM
Location: ASU Tempe Campus
Music Building Room E275
*detailed maps on free parking and location of buildings will be provided to all attendants.
Participants must either be students of the Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College or are/have been employed as a middle school teacher in the Phoenix area. Participants must also be older than 18 years old. Your participation in this study is voluntary and it is not required to go to all workshops. If you only have time to attend one of the workshops, that is allowed.
How to Register:
- Click on the green button labeled "register" and then continue through the check out process.
- If you have questions, please contact Sofia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions concerning the research study, please email Sofia Herrera at email@example.com.
You may also contact Dr. Kimberly Scott with questions concerning the curriculum at firstname.lastname@example.org.