Global Startup Awards Gala 2016
For the first time ever, we have the opportunity to gather all of our winners from each region and create a showcase of entrepreneurship in the stunning metropolis city of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and bring an intense 3 days of celebration, recognition and learnings via our alumni and VIP delegates.
Dec 9th - GSAwards
09:30 - GSAwards Power Panels in association with Maybank @Maybank Innovation
09:30 - Open & intro
09:45 - How to facilitate the magic of entrepreneurs
10:45 - The reality of the social landscape
11:30 - LUNCH / BREAK
12:30 - How to keep evolving the investment model
13:15 - How creativity in workplace drives innovation
14:00 - The importance of starting up ecosystems
14:30 - CLOSE
15:00 - GECommunity Summit closing keynotes @Plenary Hall, KLCC
17:00 - GECommunity Summit closing
18:00 - GSAwards gala night
20:30 - VIP Dinner
22:30 : After party @Zouk, TREC
Power Panels partner by Maybank
A special gathering of panels and keynotes that look across topics that span the entire entrepreneur ecosystem with a rare collection of major startup ecosystem players from the US, Nordics, South East Asia and Central Europe, to discuss and take learnings from the different corners of the globe.
The importance of starting up ecosystems
Moderated by: James Digby, Founding partner @GSA
Anne Cheng, Founder @Startup Nation
Gopi Gangesalingam, VP @MDEC
Udesh Chaskar, CEO @AllChat World
- What elements do you need to create successful ecosystems?
- Can you also stimulate a startup ecosystem around the hubs?
- Should there be someone in the business of managing ecosystems?
- Should it be a top down or bottom up approach?
- How can enterprises benefit from these regional ecosystems?
- Can you create a network between ecosystems?
Co-working spaces - Topic: How to facilitate the magic of entrepreneurs
Moderated by: Balazs Komar, Partner @xLabs
Kata Klementz, CEO @L’office; Budapest, Hungary
Kristian Justensen, CEO @Rainmaking Loft; Copenhagen, Denmark
Kelly Payavichien, Operations @Hubba; Bangkok, Thailand
- What role does a co-working space play in the ecosystem?
- What makes for a great co-working space?
- How does co-working look in 10 years time?
Moderated by: Lilyana Latiff, Executive Chairperson @MYNEF
Topic: The reality of the social landscape
Ingi Rafn Sigurdsson CEO @Karolina Fund
Eon Chan VP of Social Enterprise @MaGIC
Ken Chua CEO @Theseabilities
- What makes a social enterprise?
- Does one “good” outweigh another?
- How has the social enterprise ecosystem changed in the past few years?
- How much does making money mean to you as a business?
How inclusion in the workplace drives innovation
Moderated by: Jerric John Lyns, Partner @Startup Awards India
Oskar Malm Wiklund Partner @Startup Grind, Sweden
Anne Suwanjindar Head of Digital @DKSH
Lilyana Latiff Chairwoman @MYNEF
- Why are we lacking diversity in the workplace?
- Should there be facilitated diversification in the workplace?
- What benefits do diverse teams bring?
- Why integrate your company in the first place?
Investments - Topic: How to keep evolving the investment model
Moderated by: Matt Morrison, Founder a-space
Simon Anquetil, Chairman @Tech Pilot Fund
Robert Neivert, Partner @500 STARTUPS
Andrew Tan, Managing Partner @TinkBig Ventures
- What makes your particular approach to investment so successful?
- How easy is it to manage a “remote” investment?
- What can be done to better investments from an early stage?
- How should startups approach for funding?
- What are they key indicators of a great startup for you?
The main event of the day will be the gala night and closing party to the GECommunity Summit. Here we will spend the evening celebrating entrepreneurship and recognise the achievements that make the tech industry the powerhouse it is in today’s modern business landscape. 5 awards will be handed out on the night:
- Investor of the year
- Co-working space of the year
- Best social enterprise
- Founder of the Year
- Startup of the Year
The shortlisted nominations are made up from original category winners from all the active regions (The Nordics, South East Asia, Central Europe) and the winner will be decided by jury voting. To find out more about the process, please head HERE.
THE MAIN EVENT @ The Plenary Hall, KLCC
We will be working with our hosts the Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Centre (MaGIC) and the Ministry of Finance (MoF) in conjunction with their Global Entrepreneurship Community Summit (GECommunity).
The GECommunity summit is a 2-day event that gathers all industry players to explore strategic agendas and drive new market driven philosophies and innovations that develop the ecosystem and micro-ecosystems around the world. It is intended to become the Davos of entrepreneurship where thought leaders, investors and change makers of the global entrepreneurship ecosystem converge to consolidate, reimagine and design the future of entrepreneurship within 8 distinct cluster groups.
The audience will be full of the world's top entrepreneurial talents, investors and journalists and will be open to select members of the public.
Our gala night will be to date the largest production we’ve ever managed, and will be an entertainment showpiece to be held at the 3000 seater Plenary Hall at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. The event will continue with networking at the afterparty which is to be held at Zouk - the largest entertainment venue in Kuala Lumpur.
So come join us for what is to be the largest startup celebration in the world to date!