Global Game Stars @ SF - Demo Day & GDC Party!
Thursday, March 28, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, United States
**FREE PASSES SOLD OUT**
Updated March 18: Due to the conflit schedule, Mr. Bo Wong from Tencent is unfortunately not be able join us as a judge at this event. His replacement will be Claire Huang, Business Development Manager, Tencent.
Lu Peng, the VP for Games, Tencent, will join us at Apps and Games Go to China @ South Bay, Monday, March 25. Other speakers include VP from China Unicom, President of ZTE MT, PingWest, Chartboost and etc. We will see you there!
Want to gain the free FASTPASS to make your game big in China? Here is THE chance for you:
GGS @ SF is bringing the top Chinese game operators to San Francisco.
Showcase your game in front of these game experts in China, and win the chance to get the guaranteed 1 million downloads.
We are making GGS @ SF demo day Extremely Valuable, Unique and FUN!
- 6:00-6:30 Registration & Networking (Food & Drinks)
- 6:30-6:35 Organizer Introduction
- 6:35-6:40 Sponsors Introduction
- 6:40 - 6:50 First 5 Judge introductions
- 6:50- 7:40 First 5 team demos (6 mins demo + 4 mins Q & A )
- 7:40- 7:50 Break Time
- 8:00 - 8:50 Second 5 team demos
- 8:50 - 9:00 Summary, Q & A with all judges
- 9:00- 9:30 Networking, Raffle, Beers & Fun!
(Business card raffle - please bring your business cards for your chance to win)
Claire Huang, Business Development, Tencent
Tencent, is China’s largest and most utilized internet services portal. Tencent Games is a world-class online game developer and operator, and is recognized as the largest online game community in China.
Gary Chang, SVP of Games & GM of North America, RenRen
Rui Chen, VP of Kingsoft
Kingsoft is a leading software developer, distributor and service provider in China. Its Entertainment Software segament engaged in the research and development of online games, and provision of online games, mobile games and casual game services.
Yiran Xu, SVP of BD and Investment, Perfect World
Perfect World Entertainment is a leading online game developer and operator based in China, and is quietly becomes a North American powerhouse in online games.
Jason He, VP of Ourpalm
Ourpalm is a developer and operator of mobile phone games, topped an annual ranking of publicly traded up-and-coming Chinese businesses.
Henry Fang, CEO of Yodo1
Yodo1, a market entry specialist that helps Western game developers successfully launch and monetize in the rapidly expanding China mobile market.
Yong Liu, Founder and CEO of ReKoo
Rekoo is a leading developer and publisher in mobile game field in Asia.The games have more than 460 million users,20 million Daily Active Users,covering China、Japan and Korea,three mainly market.
Feng Li, Partner of IDG-Accle
IDG Accel Partners is a venture capital firm that has been dedicated for over 25 years to supporting entrepreneurs who possess the unique insight to define new categories and build world-class companies
Sana Choudary, CEO of YetiZen
YetiZen is a cornerstone of the game developer ecosystem. This includes the YetiZen accelerator, the wildly popular games focused accelerator, and the YetiZen Innovation Lab, the only game developer community space of its kind for game developer business education and synergy in the new and ever evolving world of social mobile.
Tencent Games is a world-class online game developer and operator, and is recognized as the largest online game community in China.
Beers & Pizza will be provided for first 200 attendees.
First come, first serve.
Special Thanks to for providing the Venue
Apply For GGS
What is GGS?
Global Game Stars (GGS) is a semi-annual series of mobile game business matching event hosted in cities worldwide. GGS aims to Connect, Educate, and Promote gaming entrepreneurs, and help them to interact with global game platforms, publishers, VCs and media.
GGS is the newly featured program in the Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC) that purely focuses on the gaming industry.
Join GGS to make your games genuinely global!
What is the Process of the Competition?
- After you submit the application, judge committee decides who earns the Silver Pass
- Silver Pass holders will demo in one of the 7 cities, in 4 countries (Jan - March):
Chengdu, Beijing, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Seoul, Tokyo, or San Francisco
- Online Audition available for additional participates (April)
- Judge committee decides who earns the Golden Pass
- Golden Pass holders will demo at GMIC Beijing or GMIC Silicon Valley (May 7-8)
- Complete your registration above as "I have a game and I want to apply for GGS @ SF" to submit your application by March 15th.
- Silver passes holders announced and update on website by March 22rd.
- Silver passes holders demo at GGS @ SF on March 28th.
Why Should I Compete in GGS?
- Chance to connect with leading publishers, platforms, distributors, and VCs.
- Discount for participating in at the Global Mobile Internet Conference as an attendee or exhibitor
Silver Pass holder benefits:
- Demo and receive feedback from a group of industry expert judges
- 1 Innovation Booth and 3 main stage passes at GMIC Beijing or GMIC Silicon Valley
- Brand exposure through GGS website, social media, partners' channels and PR
Golden Pass holder additional benefits:
- Demo and opportunity to launch your product at GMIC with massive exposure
- Strategic business matching opportunities with game platforms, distributors, publishers and VCs
- Big chance to sign the contract with those top operators, and get the guaranteed 1 million downloads in China!
Who Should Apply to Compete in GGS?
- Any mobile-based game from a established company, startup company or a individual can apply
- Any game developer that wants to increase his/her network within the mobile gaming ecosystem
- This Spring session of GGS 2013 will be an unique opportunity for games that want to increase users in China, and desires to launch at GMIC Beijing (May 7-8)
What's the Reviewing Criteria?
The game itself is what matters to GGS and judges.
The Silver Pass and Finalists will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Quality and originality of the game
- Player satisfaction: user experience, stickiness etc.
- Current downloads & reviews
- Monetization potential
What is the Format of GGS at GMIC?
- Mobile Game Competition
- Conference tracks on mobile game monetization, localization, globalization etc.
- Innovation Expo featuring mobile games
- Mobile Game Award Ceremony for most innovative and popular mobile games
- Business matching activities, after party and Fun!
Success Stories of Games Launching at the Global Mobile Internet Conference
When & Where
GMIC hosts mobile executives, entrepreneurs, developers, and investors from around the globe and across platforms to build partnerships, to learn from industry thought leaders, to better understand mobile technology trends, and to shed light on how mobile is positively changing the world.
GMIC is hosted annually in Beijing and San Francisco.
GMIC SV 2013, October 21-23, San Francisco, Moscone Center