San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us in celebration of Global Day of Coderetreat!
On December 8th Coderetreats will take place in many locations around the world. We're very happy to host 2 events in Utah. (The other event is in Layton.) Domo is now hosting a 3rd event in American Fork.
What is Coderetreat?
Coderetreat is a day-long, intensive practice event, focusing on the fundamentals of software development and design. Youʼll get the opportunity to take part in focused practice, away from the pressures of 'getting things done'. The coderetreat format has proven itself to be a highly effective means of skill improvement for software developers. Practicing the basic principles of modular and object-oriented design, you can improve your ability to write code that minimizes the cost of change over time. More information is available at http://coderetreat.org/about.
This event, hosted Pluralsight, will be facilitated by Kay Johannsen
- Bring your laptop, prepared with the development tools you want to use.
- This github repo contains starting points for a variety of languages. If your favorite langiuage is missing, consider contributing a starting point.
- The problem we'll be working in is Conway's Game of Life. Do read up on the problem before event
- If you want, watch this screencast
- The goal of the event is not to solve the problem, it's to improve your skills
If you have questions about the event, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use twitter @davidadsit