On May 9, we invite you to participate in Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD). The purpose of the day is to get people talking, thinking and learning about digital (web, software, mobile, etc.) accessibility and users with different disabilities. In addition, we will also discuss about accessibility of content and built-in environment. The target audience of GAAD is the design, development, usability, and related communities who build, shape, fund and influence technology and its use. While people may be interested in the topic of making technology accessible and usable by persons with disabilities, the reality is that they often do not know how or where to start. Awareness comes first.
This will be an opportunity for you to understand the importance of accessibility and how accessibility impacts several users and increase your customer base. This event will consist of presentations by Accessibility professionals in the industry, hands on demonstrations of how people with disabilities use technology and an opportunity to meet peers in the industry.
Panel discussion on "Accessibility". Panelists are:
1. Policy related - Nirmita Narasimhan, Policy Director, Centre for Internet and Society
2. Web Accessibility - what, why and How? - Vivek Gaikwad, Lead Accessibility Expert, Informatica
3. Accessibility Testing - Lavanya Lakshman, Yahoo!
4. Accessibility of Built-in environment - Rama Chari, Director, DEOC
5. Accessibility of Content - Anasuya Das, Mitra Jyothi
6. Srividya Vaidyanathan - Multimedia
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.