Glass Casting in the Kiln Zone - Members Only
Thursday, October 17, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
The purpose of this class is to acquire the ability to use the Kiln. Use of the kiln zone is for i3 Trained Users only. In addition, you will learn a little bit about Glass Casting, you will be making a piece of your own, to have and hold dear.
- Yopu MUST be a member in good standing of i3Detroit
- Materials will be provided. Material cost $8.
- Sign up by 5pm on Tuesday the day prior. No walkons allowed.
- This class is for i3 Detroit members only, as it is for training to use the Kiln primarily, which is effectively limited to members.
- Please bring a DUST MASK of your own (i.e. something similar to http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cordova-N95-Approved-Valved-Particulate-Respirator-10-Per-box-NX95V/202593531#.UaIgV3fSlHw )
- Your piece will be available 36 hours after class.
- If you drop out, please do so before on the day of class. Emergencies are of course the exception to the rule.
When & Where
i3 Detroit is a DIY collective in Ferndale, with tools and resources to facilitate a wide variety of projects. The name stands for "Imagine, Innovate, and Inspire".
Supported by its members but open to guests as well, i3 Detroit's facility hosts workshops and classes as often as possible. Led by volunteer instructors (mostly members), these are usually free, but may require a materials fee for participation.
When there's no class happening (and sometimes when there is!), you'll usually find members in the space, soldering, sewing, welding, sculpting, programming, woodworking, or just hanging out.
Founded in 2009, i3 Detroit has about 70 members and funds its operation mostly through member dues. Donations from students and guests are always appreciated, and have the potential to substantially increase our resources!