Actions and Detail Panel
Gittin Ready fa de Gullah/Geechee Family Reunion: An Interactive Family Col...
Sat, March 25, 2017, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM EDT
De Gullah/Geechee Angel Network
De Gullah/Geechee Sea Island Coalition present
"Gittin Ready fa de Gullah/Geechee Family Reunion:
An Interactive Family Collections Digitization and Protection Workshop"
Saturday, March 25, 2017
10 am to 5 pm
St. Helena Branch Library
Historic St. Helena Island, SC in the Gullah/Geechee Nation
This FREE workshop sponsored by the SC Humanities Council requires pre-registration and a commitment to the entire day.
Sessions will include:
• Registration and Opening Discussion of the Value of Cultural Heritage Resources by Queen Quet, Chieftess of the Gullah/Geechee Nation (www.QueenQuet.com)
• Valuing and Creating Family Archives by St. Helena Branch Library Head Librarian Maria Benac
• Interactive Session on Scrapbooking versus Archiving led by Gullah/Geechee Sea Island Coalition Archive Trainees
• Lunch with a Gullah/Geechee Documentary Showing
• Discussion on the challenges and opportunities faced by the living culture with Dr. Amir Jamal Toure of Savannah State University and Dr. Najmah Thomas of the University of South Carolina
• Let's Get Ready for the Family Reunion" Interactive Digitization Session led by the Queen Quet
For more information contact the Gullah/Geechee Sea Island Coalition at GullGeeCo@aol.com.
SPACE IS LIMITED.
Cum jayn we and git de famlee readee!
Date and Time
St. Helena Library, Beaufort County Library System
6355 Jonathan Francis Senior Road
Saint Helena Island, SC 29920