Introduction: What is Girlz to Women?
We thoroughly enjoy bringing together the sisterhood of women in this city, and this year we've moved to a venue that will allow our annual "Sister Circle" to grow...This program has been active in the community for over 15 years. We cordially invite young ladies ages 13-18 and their mothers/ female caregivers or adult relatives to fellowship with us. The Pi Sigma Zeta Chapter of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. will provide you with a full day of programming, breakfast, lunch and access to resources relevant to the subject matter via either your retreat folder or gift bag provided at the end of the day.
This year’s theme is “Knowing Better = Doing Better”. We are providing sessions on:
- Situational Awareness- A joint Self-Defense class with information on how to identify and avoid Human Trafficking. Facilitated by retired CPD and current FBI Officers.
- Girl Code- Female interpersonal relationship building and keys to unlocking the pathway to increased Sisterhood and solidarity
- Activism 101- Civic Engagement, Self Advocacy and Grassroots Movements. How can we be effective in improving our respective communities
- Educational Opportunity Awareness- Degrees, Trades, Certificates. How to get, use and capitalize on them.
- "Wisdom of Our Mothers"- An intergenerational panel of women available to answer the hard questions (asked anonymously) that teenagers have that they aren’t always able to ask their female elders.
Are there minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Not really. This year we have a safe space room, so the minimum age is up to the discretion of the parent. We will allow for transition time between sessions, in which parents can get a quick overview of the specific subject matter and determine if the topics are too advanced for their child. We suggest not going below 12, but you know your child better than any of us.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
There is ample FREE parking on site in a designated lot AND the location is conveniently on the 78 Springdale Vine and 43 Evendale Woodlawn bus routes.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Event Questions- Margaret Hocker – firstname.lastname@example.org
Funds Transfer via PayPal - email@example.com
Donor Financial Questions/ Receipts Kendall Curtis- firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsor Logo Submission- Marketing Department- email@example.com
Sponsor Sample Collection- Ashley Forte- firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
It will make check-in a bit faster for large groups, but it is not required.
Can I update my registration information?
YES, and please do as things change. We provide this event free of charge to the community and if your seat can go to someone on the waiting list, we want to be able to provide that opportunity.
Is my ticket transferrable?
For Girls No. Because we are using the waitlist system, if you cancel your ticket we will provide it to the next person in line for your ticket type.
For Women Yes. We completely understand that things come up and another adult may have to be called in to be on duty. Simply update your registration and provide us the name of your replacement.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn't match the person who attends?
Not this time. Previously we have hosted this event solely on the donations of the Chapter and individual members. This year we are tracking attendance for the sake of our Sponsors and keeping that information intact helps us build trust in our relationships with them.