Actions and Detail Panel
Girls IN2 STEM (Engineering-Math)
Sat, April 8, 2017, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM CDT
Girls IN2 STEM is a teen mentor matching program which pairs high school girls with middle school girls during monthly meetups. Teen mentors are trained and paired with a middle school girl who like the same STEM field to have fun and learn new things during themed activity events. They will enjoy hands on activities like learn how to use a 3D pen or printer, virtually dissect a human heart on zSpace, build a prototype from our cart or on our Lego wall, visit our Maker Space and Science Labs, learn how to code, or play math games on our Mondopad or 10 ft dry erase walls. Each meetup will include an in-person or virtual conversation with a Woman in STEM (aka STEM Champion) who wants to encourage girls to keep their goals in sight. Registration is FREE during the pilot program and space is limited. **PARENTS DO NOT NEED TO REGISTER AND ARE WELCOME TO STAY
1) Girls IN2 STEM must be in 6th - 8th grade to participate as a mentee. To be a teen mentor, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for qualifications and training information.
2) IMSA is a secure campus. Parents are welcome to stay or can drop their student off after sign-in at IN2.
3) No food or beverages are provided during the 2-hour meetups. Students are welcome to bring a snack, but are responsible for clean-up.
4) Themed Activities:
- February 11, 2017 - Girls IN2 Science
- March 12, 2017 - Girls IN2 Technology
- April 8, 2017 - Girls IN2 Engineering & Math
- Welcome/Ice Breaker Game or Virtual Live Chat with a Female STEM Champion (15-30m)
- Individual Group Activities (60-90m)
- Reconnect - Group Feedback (15-30m)
- Close session