Girls Get the Message
Saturday, March 4, 2017 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (EST)
Girls Get the Message helps girls develop the skills to wade through the media messages that bombard them daily. The program encourages girls to evaluate the mesages in media such as television shows, films, CDs, newspapers, websites, music videos, magazines and video games. The program helps girls recognize stereotypes in media and differentiate between those stereotypes and their own lives. Girls learn to "read" media messages with a critical eye as they consider issues in the media business and the roles of women and minorities "behind the scenes" in media careers.
After lunch, please bring a brown bag lunch, we will explore a healthy snack alternative and discuss how to make good food choices in a world with many competing time constraints and unwholesome, yet tempting options.
The workshop is designed for girls 10-12 years old.
FREE, but registration is required.
- Register by calling 603-650-2600.
- All classes take place at the WHRC, on the mall in Lebanon, NH, unless otherwise noted.
- Class fees are due at least one week prior to class.
- Refunds are given if you withdraw from a class at least one week before the class begins.
- Partial scholarships are available from donations made to the WHRC Scholarship Fund.
- Many insurance plans offer reimbursement to their subscribers for participation in our classes. Call your employer or insurance representative for eligibility.
Keywords: Pregnancy and Parenting
Save This Event
When & Where
Pregnancy and Parenting: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Women's Health Resource Center
Since 1991, the Women's Health Resource Center has welcomed many women seeking information and education about their health and the health of their loved ones. As a community service of Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, we are committed to promoting preventive care and respecting women's wisdom in making informed health care decisions.