Actions and Detail Panel
GirlForward ATX Mentoring Info Session
Tue, March 21, 2017, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM CDT
Join us at GirlForward to learn more about the Mentoring Program! This info session will tell you everything you need to know about the program prior to submitting your volunteer application. The session will include in-depth information on the application process, mentoring basics, and a GirlForward overview. The session will last 1 hour with time at the end for questions. Attending an info session is a required component of the application process.
This training is for individuals in Austin, TX.
Roles, responsibilities, and qualifications for mentors are listed below for your information.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Commit to mentoring a 14-21-year-old girl for at least two hours per week for one year
- Meet with mentee in their home and plan field trips to other parts of the city
- Meet with mentee to discuss subjects related to GirlForward's Four W's: Wellness, Wisdom, Wallet, World, as part of GirlForward's Mentoring Program curriculum
- Attend group mentoring training
- Communicate with girl's family in regards to mentoring schedule
- Maintain communication with GirlForward staff
- Complete monthly mentor evaluations
- Be an active member of the GirlForward community
- Must be female
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must be respectful of and interested in different cultures, religions, languages and lifestyles
- Passionate about working with youth, especially adolescent girls
- Must have at least a 2-year degree
- Fluency in English, knowledge of additional languages not required
- Comfortable talking about issues related to self-esteem, women's health, relationships, high school involvement, careers, finding a part-time job, basic finances, community resources, and community service
- Must believe in the power of adolescent girls to create positive change in their communities and the world!
For more information, check out our website at www.girlforward.org
If you have any questions regarding the process of becoming a mentor, please contact Arielle Levin at firstname.lastname@example.org.