San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
proudly sponsored by:
July 15, 2014 5:45pm-8:00pm
Join us for a special wine and cheese evening at the Bacchus winery to learn more about positioning your company for an exit and protecting your IP.
Hosted by CICC in cooperation with Fish & Richardson and Herzog Fox & Neeman (HFN).
Getting Your IP and Corporate House in Order - Making Sure That Your Company is Ready for Exit
Having a great product and a great team are essential – but it is often not sufficient for a successful exit. Many startups miss the opportunity to maximize the value of their company by failing to lay the right Intellectual Property foundation early enough to bear fruit in an exit valuation. Other startups find their exit derailed by IP or corporate structure problems that could have been avoided with more proactive planning. Join veteran dealmakers, experts in Intellectual Property, and leaders in corporate law for a discussion about how to best position your company for an exit event, and how to avoid the mistakes that often derail deals.
Topics to be addressed are:
• What should you do now to increase value?
• Protecting your core IP in a changing legal landscape
• Proactive clearing out IP underbrush that may derail a deal
• Getting your books in compliance with law and acquirer expectations; and Resolving outstanding debt and corporate governance issues, among others.
Speakers will share their experience and open up discussion to all attendees.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Bruce K. Taragin, Managing Director, Blumberg Capital
- Eric Young, Partner, Canaan Partners
- David Barkan, Principal, Fish & Richardson
- Hanan O. Haviv, Partner, Herzog Fox & Neeman
1697 Industrial Road
San Carlos, CA 94070
When & Where
CICC - California Israel Chamber of Commerce
The California Israel Chamber of Commerce (CICC) is a not-for-profit, industry-supported organization dedicated to promoting and strengthening thought leadership, business, investment, entrepreneurship, technology and trade relations between the business communities of California and Israel.