Getting to the Heart of the Generation Gap Webinar
Wednesday, July 22, 2015 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (CDT)
Getting to the Heart of the Generation Gap
Presented by: Robin Thompson, LFGSM Faculty Member
**This webinar has been approved for 1 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP, PHR and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
For the first time in history four generations are together in the workplace. As a result, we are facing new challenges that negatively impact productivity. Studies show that one in three of us waste about five hours a week on intergenerational conflicts.
Ideas about work ethic, corporate business practices and new communications technology are constantly being shared and discussed. Understandably, conflicts can occur over what people feel or how they say it. Navigating these challenges and capitalizing on each generation’s strengths will propel your career. In this session you will learn:
· How our past influences where we are going
· What motivates and demotivates each generation
· How these differences will continue to affect the workforce in the future
· Tips to get to the heart of the generation gap
· What you can do now to be “generationally sensitive”