WordPress powers about 26% of all websites. It is incredibly powerful and flexible for building websites big and small. Whether you need a blog, ecommerce, or membership site, WordPress will allow you to do that without any coding required. Because of the open source nature of WordPress, you’ll be able to find themes and plugins to fit any project.
In this workshop, learn the basics. What can WordPress do? What can’t it do? Is it right for your project? We’ll build a simple WordPress site, talk about what’s needed to get a site going, and how to find the resources you may need in the future.
In this class:
- The difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- Basic construction of a site or blog
- Picking a theme
- Finding plugins to fit your needs
- Understand web development basics and how WordPress fits into the spectrum of options like SquareSpace and Wix
- Links, resources, and next steps.
What to bring:
- This class is meant to be an introduction and overview of WordPress. You can bring a computer to take notes but you are not expected to follow along or have any materials before class.
What’s next? After this class you will:
- Have a solid grasp of whether WordPress will be suitable for your project.
- Be comfortable managing and updating a WordPress site for your business or in your job
- Know resources for continued learning with WordPress and where to go next.