San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Getting Financially Fit for Business is a workshop to explore the tools and resources to succeed throughout the business cycle. The workshop will demonstrate how to develop a personal financial plan and business plan to prepare for business success. Financial statements such as the profit & loss statement and cash flow statement will be examined for learning how to manage business growth and profitability.
- Discover how to develop a personal financial statement to support funding opportunities.
- Create a “self-employed budget” to self-fund a business and personal expenses until profitability is attained.
- Build a business resource network to support business and personal growth and leverage experts and expertise to guide the business to profitability.
- Generate business financial statements and discovering how to use the information to manage the business more effectively.
- Understand budgeting, balance sheet, profit & loss statements and how to use cash flow statements to manage the business.
Sherida Ferguson, CFP®, CEBS®, AWMA®, CRPC®, founder and President of SL Ferguson Wealth Management Services, Inc.
Sherri Ferguson has over 30 years’ experience in the financial services industry. She has earned the designations of Certified Financial Planner™, Certified Employee Benefits Specialist™, Accredited Wealth Management Advisor™ and Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor™.
Ms. Ferguson has provided financial plans to individuals and has worked with business owners and corporate executives to help design tax-advantaged solutions for providing compensation and retirement benefits to attract, retain and reward key employees. She can provide investment advisory services to business owners and individuals to help them attain their financial goals.
Tina Bubb, MBA, Professional Business Consultant, Bubbs Biz Basics, LLC
Tina Bubb has extensive experience in accounting services, auditing, and financial consulting, including budgeting, business planning, and management services. Her experience includes a broad range of industries.
Tina Bubb is a Certified Quick Books Pro Advisor in the 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 versions of Quick Books as well as QuickBooks online and Enterprise Solutions. She has conducted numerous training sessions for individuals, small businesses, and local civic organizations.
USF is an Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access/ Affirmative Action Institution. Please notify USF CONNECT, 3802 Spectrum Blvd., Suite 100, Tampa, FL, 33612, call 813-974-1082, or email Wendy Plant at email@example.com, a minimum of five (5) working days in advance, if an accommodation for a disability is required.
Disclaimer: The University of South Florida and USF Research Foundation, Inc. are committed to the free exchange of ideas, reasoned debate and intellectual dialogue. Speakers and scholars with a diversity of opinions, perspectives and professional experiences are invited to the campus to provide the community with important or differing points of view, some of which may be deemed controversial. The views, opinions and conclusions of those invited to speak on the campus do not necessarily reflect the views of the university administration or any other segment of the university community. Nor are those invited to speak on campus necessarily authorized agents or representatives of the University or Research Foundation. The use of University or Research Foundation facilities for an event or presentation does not constitute an endorsement by the University or Research Foundation of the views, opinions and conclusions of those invited to speak.
When & Where
USF CONNECT is the business and economic development initiative of the University of South Florida (USF) that provides support for technology start-ups and serves as the point of entry for companies looking to do business with USF.
- Drives economic development through several programs including Tampa Bay Technology Incubator (TBTI), Student Innovation Incubator (SII), and the Florida High Tech Corridor Council’s (The Corridor) Matching Grants Research Program
- Unites technology and talent with businesses throughout a 23 county region, providing access to top-tier research, faculty, students, inventors, local organizations, economic development councils, supporting industry and capital funding sources
- Facilitates the needs of Tampa Bay's technology and bio/life sciences entrepreneurs throughout the business life cycle by providing professional amenities and resources for successful business development and technology commercialization