Date/time: March 29 & 30, 2017 / 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Program length: 4 hours
Program format: Facilitator-led; in-person training
How do I stand out to find my first job? How do I stand out to get promoted? How do I stand out to find my next career company? In the highly competitive job market, those that know how to make themselves more presentable and more attractive to employers are those most likely to succeed. Designed to be informative, engaging, and demonstrating practical application, the workshop will cover topics including:
- Social currency
- What value do you add to people professionally?
- Professional branding
- What is a professional brand?
- Value of social media
- Professional platforms
- Online portfolios
- Professional presentation
- Professional dress
- Email and voicemail
- Business cards
- Participants will learn and apply various soft skills needed for success in the workplace.
- Participants will learn tips for using social media and more traditional methods of job searches to stand out in a crowd.
- Students currently enrolled in a college or university with little or no work experience
- Individuals preparing to enter or re-enter the workforce
- Individuals currently employed and looking for an edge to succeed
*UIndy students must register via the Professional Edge Center.
Start the registration process and learn about schedules and pricing below, or, if you're a currently enrolled UIndy student, contact the Professional Edge Center to register. For more information or for registration assistance, please contact the Division for Professional Engagement at email@example.com or call 317-788-3393.