San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
You’ve spent months or years building your startup. “People are going to love this,” you say to yourself. Everyone to whom you show it is impressed, congratulating you on your awesome idea. That makes you happy.
And it should. Building something from nothing — turning a fragile idea into a living, breathing product — is damn hard work, and it’s something to be proud of.
But without users, none of it matters. If you can’t get people to sign up, your business is never going to take off.
Have you ever wondered how some startups can build a massive, fast-growing user base, when you haven’t actually seen them do any marketing?
Startups and Fortune 500 companies alike hire Len Markidan to help them better understand their audience and attract more users. In Get Your First 1,000 Users, Len will share strategies and techniques to get your product off of the ground and into people’s hands.
- How to get into your audience’s heads and overcome objections before they even come up.
- Techniques for generating high-quality traffic with little or no budget.
- Optimizing your website and landing pages to turn visitors into customers — see which elements are the most important to A/B test, and which commonly used tests are a waste of your time.
- How to leverage existing users to acquire new users, including what you need to do IMMEDIATELY after a new user signs up.
We’ll cover specific examples of how different strategies can be applied, including:
- How one startup client got 2,000 signups on launch day — without a single mention in the press.
- How another client used Amazon.com to double their conversion rate.
- Plus, we’ll look at tactics that startups like Mint.com and Dropbox used to become the giants that they are today.
By the end of the hour, you’ll leave with strategies you can put to use right away to start getting your first 1,000 users.
We’re going to cover a lot of ground in only one hour, so please arrive a few minutes early. There will be a short Q&A session at the end of the class.
Not A Founders League Member?
Don't want access to the Founders League co-working community? Interested in events only? No problem. Purchase a Satellite Card and join us for Founders League events. Go ahead and finish your registration and drop us a line at email@example.com and we'll set you up!
About the Host:
Len Markidan is a marketing consultant and copywriter whose work has led to more than $12M in sales, funding, and acquisitions for his clients. He advises clients ranging from early-stage startups to Fortune 500 companies on a variety of marketing challenges with a focus on user and customer acquistion strategies.
When & Where
The Founders League is where Rhode Island’s startup community comes together to make great things happen. We offer community, space and programming where entrepreneurs at all stages of development can find inspiration and support.
The Founders League was created through a partnership between Betaspring, the Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce, University of Rhode Island and Brown University.