"You should start a blog," your friends tell you...
"I've always wanted to blog," you think to yourself...
And what stops you? Time, dedicated time.
Now's your chance, make the commitment to yourself and start to blog!
Join this intensive blogging workshop where you dedicate time to LEARN and PRACTICE the three fundamentals of blogging success:
- Engaging Content and a sustainable plan to update
- Wordpress as the technology platform
- Social Media Marketing to get the word out
What You Will Get:
At the end of three evening sessions you’ll have:
- June 12: A list of engaging, fresh content for a specific audience to keep you blogging for a year and tips to make it search-engine friendly
- June 19: A working Wordpress blog with a beautiful look and feel and some really cool widgets set up for making money and sharing
- June 26: A social media marketing plan to tweet, post, and share all your great content and connect with your audience over Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest.
We’ll balance out instruction with exercises and homework. You’ll leave each class with the fundamental knowledge, an exercise to complete, and a list of resources and guides to help you continue on your own.
- Individual Classes Available! If you already have some of the work done - choose one or two classes to get you on your way for $85 each. Content class is June 12, Wordpress is June 19, and Social Media is June 26.
- Three Classes: Sign up for all three sessions at the low price of $225 (that's a savings of $30!).
Date and Time Details: Class dates are June 12, 19, and 26 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Hub - San Francisco three blocks from the Powell Street BART/Muni Station.
Cancellation Policy: Sometimes things come up, so if need be you can get a refund of 50% the class cost (minus eventbrite fees). No refunds once the class starts. If you sign up for the three class package and can't make remaining classes, I'll refund 50% the value of discounted value of the remaining classes.
Get off your butt and blog - Take this workshop and dedicate time to start blogging today!
"If not you, who? If not now, when?"
About the Teacher:
Kristin Zibell is the editor of the popular travel blog Takeyourbigtrip.com. She started blogging in 2008 while traveling around the world for two years. Since settling in San Francisco in 2010, she's been a featured speaker on blogging panels for organizations such as Bay Area Travel Writers and taught blogging at the Osher Institute for Lifelong Learning at San Francisco State.Her travel writing has been published online, in Strories Around the Globe anthology, and in the upcoming Best Women's Travel Writing Volume 8.
Not just a blogger, she works a day job designing web sites for Fortune 500 companies like Dell, Google, and IBM. She has 10 years experience making technology easy to use for regular people.
Kristin is also a former software trainer who understands how adults learn technology. She structures her classes with instruction on fundamentals and real world practice for maximum learning. Kristin believes that with dedication and focus, any one can live their dreams.
When & Where