The Get Digital seminar is a one-day course that will provide you with practical
guidelines, ideas and techniques that will help you become more competitive and make more money in the
digital age. It is immediately applicable on both a personal and business level.
If you are thinking of starting your own business, working from home, becoming a
consultant or just defending and keeping your job in this new, increasingly digital world, you should take this course.
WHAT YOU'LL EXPERIENCE
- Practical exercises and suggestions that will help you harness the power of digital technology.
- An introduction to the strategies and fundamental thought processes which you can immediately apply to your current
mix of work and life.
- A full day of personal insights and experiences directly from Shelly Palmer.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
DIGITAL WORK/LIFE SKILLS
- Take control of your online reputation.
- Create your online presence (website, blog, wiki, etc.)
- Improve your search authorities.
- Establish your personal email and domain branding
- Use Social Networks to build your personal brand.
- Contact management and digital relationship marketing.
- What apps do you really need to run your personal life and your
- Create your own email blasts, graphics and personal marketing tools.
- Harness the power of your digital calendar, email and contact management software.
- Mac or PC?
- BlackBerry or iPhone?
- The "paperless" office, scanners and printers.
- Keeping it all in synch, backing it all up and more.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING:
"At Shelly's course, I learned what I needed to do to effectively compete with all the new 20-somethings my company has hired to replace us. Not only do I still have a job, I got a raise. " - LARRY R., QUEENS, NY
"Now I'm not afraid to log on to LinkedIn or any social networks, I know what they are, how to use them and, most importantly, how they can help me make more money!"
- ROBERT F., HARTFORD, CT
"The most important workshop I've ever attended. Shelly is a great teacher!"
- JANET T., NEW YORK, NY
"I didn't really understand how to use my computer or anything about digital until I took this course."
- JEFF K., BOCA RATON, FL
"Having the president of the Emmy Awards teach you how to make money with online video was truly awesome!"
- TINA E., BOSTON, MA
ABOUT SHELLY PALMER:
Shelly Palmer is a consultant and the host of MediaBytes
a daily show featuring news you can use about technology, media & entertainment. He is Managing Director of Advanced Media Ventures Group
LLC and the author of
Television Disrupted: The Transition from Network to Networked TV (2008, York House Press). Shelly is also President of the National Academy
of Television Arts & Sciences, NY (the organization that bestows the coveted Emmy Awards).
Mr. Palmer is a popular speaker and moderator at technology and media conferences hosted by industry organizations, like: The Consumer Electronics Show (CES), The National Association of Broadcasters Convention (NAB), The National Show presented by the National Cable Television Association (NCTA), Telecom presented by the United States Telecom Association, Digital Hollywood, iHollywood, ad:tech, and iMedia. He is a guest lecturer at the MIT Media Lab, Stern Graduate Business School at NYU, The Columbia Institute for Tele-Information (CITI) at Columbia University, The Graziadio School of Business Management at Pepperdine University, The Digital Content Lab at the American Film Institute and other top tier colleges and universities. For more information, visit shellypalmer.com
PREREQUISITES FOR THIS COURSE
You should have a basic knowledge of personal computers, email, web-surfing and search. You should have and
bring your laptop computer to this course. Rentals are available, see below.
The fee for the one-day course is $449.95 per person. This fee includes all of the materials you will need for
the course. Please bring your laptop. Rentals are available for $150 with advanced notice. Free WiFi is provided. Groups discounts
available, please email
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-532-3880 x1 for more information. Payment is required in advance but it is refundable, less a $25 processing
fee, if your cancellation is received three full business days before the
course. If you fail to attend and do not notify us in advance, the fee is not
refunded. Substitutes are welcome.
Lunch is on your own. Dress is informal. Doors open at 8:30am.