Online Writing Workshop in New York
Learn to write Web pages, blog posts and social media messages
that reach readers online in this online-writing workshop
"Try reading a book while doing a crossword puzzle," writes Nicholas G. Carr, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Shallows: What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains. "That's the intellectual environment of the Internet."
Indeed. Online, constant problem solving (to click or not to click?) and divided attention (you've got mail!) lead to cognitive overload. (One researcher even found that reading on the screen temporarily lowers your I.Q. more than smoking weed!) In this environment, how do we Reach Readers Online?
In this Web-writing workshop, your team will learn techniques for overcoming the obstacles of reading on the screen to get the word out on the Web, in social media and via content marketing.
Specifically, you’ll learn to how to:
- Think Like a Friend, Fan, Follower or Visitor: Offer news you can use, and watch your reach and influence grow
- Create Content Marketing Pieces That Almost Write Themselves: Get our fill-in-the-blanks templates for tipsheets, survey stories, case studies and more.
- Master the Art Of the Online Storyteller: Make your Web copy more creative
- Cut Through the Clutter Online: Overcome the obstacles of reading on the screen
- Lift Your Ideas Off the Screen: Communicate to nonreaders with headlines, links and other online display copy
- Transform Your Story From “Meh” to Masterpiece: Bring your laptop and a story to work on, write and rewrite, get and give feedback, and leave with a totally rewritten piece.
Registration starts at 8 a.m.
Select your VIP level
- Two days of training
- Lunch each day (Please do let us know about your dietary issues and aversions when you register)
- Coffee and tea each morning
- Workbook for capturing your ideas and insights
- Everything at the Silver level
- Plus over $275 worth of learning tools:
- Think Like a Reader, a $127 value
- Cut Through the Clutter, a $97 value
- How to Develop an Approval Process, a $17.50 value
- Block Busters handbook, a $17.50 value
- Get Little Guide to Good Grammar handbook, a $17.50 value
Get $297 worth of additional learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Gold level
- 12-month subscription to Rev Up Readership, a $297 value
Get follow-up support — plus an exclusive conversation with Ann:
- Everything at the Platinum level
- A 30-minute one-on-one phone consult with Ann after the workshop (a $500 value)
Sorry: only 10 Diamond tickets available!
Q. What are some of the hotels nearby?
A. Hotels near the Masterclass.
- Wyndham Garden Manhattan Chelsea West
- Hampton Inn Manhattan-Chelsea
- Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
- Hilton New York Fashion District Chelsea
- The NoMad Hotel
- Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC
- Martha Washington Hotel
- Ace Hotel New York
- The Roger New York
You can also view these hotels on our Pinterest map.
Please contact hotels directly for room rates and booking.
Q. What about parking and driving directions?
A. Directions, Maps and parking information.
Q. Can I cancel my ticket if I can't make it?
A. Can’t make it? Please feel free to send a colleague in your place. No charge for substitutions. If you must cancel via email:
- by July 28, and receive a full refund, minus $50 handling fee.
- by Aug. 28, and receive a 75% refund.
- Sorry, no refunds after Aug 28.
A. We have no doubt that the Master Class will be the best $1,200 you invest this year on your professional development. But here are six ways to reduce that investment or boost your return on it:
- Save $100 - book an early bird ticket when you register by July 28 Aug. 28 - deadline extended! Sold out!
- Save $50 – book one of the Early Bird 2 tickets when you register by Aug. 28. Sold out!
- Save $100 if you’re a PRSA member. (Join PRSA.) Save $100 if you’re a Rev Up Readership member. (Join Rev Up Readership.) Click “Enter promotional code”. RevUpReadership members: Enter your RevUpReadership.com password. Others: Enter your promo code.
- Save $100 each when you bring two or more colleagues.
- Save $50 each when you bring one colleague.
- Earn a free, three-month Rev Up Readership subscription (or extension, if you’re already a member) — a $100 value — when you refer a friend who buys a ticket and attends the Master Class.
|VIP Level||Non-member||Rev Up Readership or PRSA member|
|Single||Double||3 or more||Single||Double||3 or more|
|Silver||Early bird ticket||$1,145||$1,095||$1,045||$1,045||$995||$945|
|Gold||Early bird ticket||$1,245||$1,195||$1,145||$1,145||$1,095||$1,045|
|Platinum||Early bird ticket||$1,345||$1,295||$1,245||$1,245||$1,195||$1,145|
|Diamond||Early bird ticket||$1,745||$1,695||$1,645||$1,645||$1,595||$1,545|
Q. Can I bring my writing sample to the workshop?
A. Yes, you can bring your writing samples to the workshop.
Q. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
A. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us.
Q. Can I update my registration information?
A. Yes, you can go to your ticket and update your registration information and dietary requirements.
Q. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the workshop?
A. Yes, please carry a copy of the ticket to the workshop
When & Where
Ann Wylie works with communicators who want to reach more readers and with organizations that want to get the word out.