Finally, Redlands, you can get locally grown, healthy, truly fresh fruits and veggies direct from your Redlands farmer! Join Old Grove Farmshare! A farmshare is when you join a farm and receive each week a basket full of its fresh local fruits and vegetables. Old Grove Farmshare comes from old Inland Orange Conservancy grower Bob Knight from his farm in Crafton.
Join us for the 9-week Fall Season, starting Tuesday, October 18th when our first baskets will be delivered to Gerrard Market’s back parking lot. Families sign up to participate and pay on this site. What kinds of things will be in the Fall share? Avocados, oranges, baby potatoes, kales, broccolis, chards, beets, winter squash, apples, fuyu persimmons, YUM!
There are two options: Full shares (good for a family of four) and Medium shares (good for singles and couples). Full shares generally have each week five different kinds of fruits, five different kinds of veggies, and an herb. Medium shares will have half counts on the five fruits, and half counts on four of the veggies. The full-share trial will cost $252 for 9 weeks ($28/wk), while the medium share costs $162 ($18/wk). We will skip Thanksgiving week.
Find out more about us at our website oldgrovefarmshare.com and check out our facebook site facebook/oldgrovefarmshare for pictures of our farmers and what's been in the share....
Let's eat healthy, delicious, local, fair and humane!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org - we're delighted to hear from you!
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
You bet! Just let us know in advance at the email above!
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, this really helps us make sure all those yummy fruits and veggies get to the right places!
What is the refund policy?
If you're not fully satisfied, we'll refund the remaining unused weeks of the season!
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
That is OK, just explain to Jim, our site pilot, so he'll know for the future...
Save This Event
When & Where
Old Grove Farmshare
Old Grove Farmshare is a small group of LA Basin farmers dedicated to rebuilding a values-driven local food system by collaborating with our community's like-minded eaters. We believe our food should be:
- Delicious - let's focus on taste and variety, not durability or plastic appearance
- Healthy - Let's eat organic as much as we can, and encourage more local farmers to grow organic
- Local - By eating local, lets create jobs in our communities, preserve our open green space, continue our rich agricultural heritage, and keep people who know how to grow food in our community
- Fair - Let's grow food for all our community, not just for the elite, and let's give our farmworkers a living wage, stable jobs, and a fair workplace
- Humane - Let's grow sustainably, making our soil richer year after year instead of despoiling it
We can take our food future into our own hands! Join us and let's eat together in abundance and health!