The Georgia NAACP First Quarterly Meeting will be held January 27-28, 2016, in the historic city of Hinesville, Georgia and aims to offer relevant training in grassroots organizing, public policy advocacy and direct action to strengthen progressive local and state intitatives. The 2016 Presidential Campaign is over. There is a need to defend the rights and privileges hard won and continue to forward advancement of progressive values. The First Quarter Meeting is designed to provide you with the necessary tools and guidance needed to move GEORGIA FORWARD.
Newly Elected & Re-Elected Officers and Committee Chairpersons will receive specialized training, participate in special events and hear and meet motivational speakers who will leave them inspired, fired up and ready to go back to their respective Units to move the NAACP and Georgia to the next level of excellence. We need to have the most equipped troops on the ground carrying out the NAACP’s work in every community.
The First Quarterly Meeting is hosted by the Liberty County Branch, Liberty County Council, and Armstrong State University College Chapter along with Units from the 1st Congressional District.
- W: LaQuinta Inn & Suites
- P: (912) 369-3000
- $72.00 per room plus fees and taxes (Ask for Georgia NAACP Rate)
SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
Friday, January 27 at Dorchester Academy
- 1 - 2 PM - Staff/Volunteer Meeting
- 3 - 6 PM - Registration/Boutique Opens
- 4 - 6 PM - Advanced Training: Implementing Successful Change Paradigms & Advocacy Strategies
- 6 - 7 PM - Community Reception
- 7 - 9 PM - Opening Session/Mass Meeting
- 7:30 - 8:45 AM - Gamechanger Breakfast: Striving Towards Excellence in Public Education.
- 9:00 - 10:15 AM - Session on Criminal Justice w/ Special Presentation on Criminal Justice Reform
- 10:30 - 12:15 PM - Basic Mandatory Training
- 12:30 - 2:00 PM - Advocacy Luncheon
- 2:15 - 3:30 PM - Business Meeting and Closing Session