Genre Bender is an original event produced by City Arts that pairs up 10 Seattle artists of diverse disciplines, talents and voices, and commissions them to create original and unique collaborations.
This year’s sixth iteration of Genre Bender will feature the following artist pairs:
- Choreographer/Thunderpussy frontwoman Molly Sides + street artist No Touching Ground
- Rapper/storyteller Yirim Seck + filmmaker/conceptual artist DK Pan
- Visual artist/designer Mary Anne Carter + dancer/choreographer Dani Tirrell
- Folk/blues musician Ben Hunter + filmmaker Tracy Rector
- Theatre artist HATLO + performer/musician Shontina Vernon
New this year, the Genre Bender performances will take place at the Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute in the Central District on March 3, 4 and 5. Due to demand, a Sunday matinee performance has been added.
Curated by Genre Bender creative director Jennifer Zeyl and City Arts editor in chief Leah Baltus, the event celebrates innovation and cross-pollination in Seattle’s thriving arts community.