Four-Session Class: Weeknights in March
March 6, 7, 8 and 15, 7-10PM at Genspace NYC
Want to learn how to do hands-on genome editing? This is an intensive laboratory class with limited space. Class size is limited to ten students.
In this class you will
- Learn how to culture and work with Saccharomyces cerevisciae (brewers yeast)
- Hands-on lab with two CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing systems, one for gene deletion (target the ADE2 gene in the adenine biosynthesis pathway or use a guide RNA of your own design) and another for inserting the gene for a fluorescent protein.
- Transform yeast cells with the plasmids and confirm the results by DNA sequence analysis
- You must have taken the CRISPR workshop at Genspace
- You must be familiar with molecular biology lab techniques such as pipetting, gel electrophoresis, use of restriction enzymes and PCR (Genspace Biotech Crash Course, Biohacker Boot Camp or equivalent lab experience)
Will Shindel, Genspace NYC
Share with friends