Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
The Gem-A Conference 2016: bringing together the greatest minds in gemmology.
Gemmologists from around the world will gather in London to attend the annual Gem-A Conference. The Conference boasts an incredible line-up of speakers including expert gemmologists from every area of the field. It is a must-attend Conference for anyone interested in gemmology.
What to expect:
- An amazing line-up of speakers from all corners of gemmology
- Network with some of the leaders in the field during the Conference breaks and the Saturday evening dinner
- Knowledge! Learn from speakers and fellow delegates
- Exclusive workshops and trips including private viewings
How to attend:
- We recommend that you attend both days of the Conference but if you're short on time you can attend one day - the Saturday or the Sunday. Please take a look at the programme below to help you decide which day to attend.
- Are you a member or a student? You will have received an 'access code' allowing you to access the members/student rate. Please note that these rates are different. Make sure that you have your membership/student number to hand.
- Once you've selected your Conference registration type you can add on trips and workshops. Places for these are limited and we anticipate that they will sell out fast.
Presentations - Saturday
- Ian Harebottle, Gemfields, 'The Critical Role of Colour and Design in Ensuring the Future of the Jewellery Sector'
- Jim Clanin, JCMining, 'The Fundamentals of Mining for Coloured Gemstones and Mineral Specimens'
- David Fisher, De Beers, 'Progress in the Detection of Diamond Treatments'
- John Dyer, Award Winning Gem Cutter, 'The Science and the Art of Gem Cutting'
- Robert Weldon, GIA, 'In Peter W. Rainier's Footsteps: Journey to the Chivor Emerald Mine'
Presentations - Sunday
- Helen Molesworth, Gübelin Academy, 'The History of Gemstones'
- Dr Michael Wise, Smithsonian Museum,'Hiddenite Emerald Deposits of North Carolina'
- Danny Sanchez, Gemstone Photographer, 'The Art of Photomicrography'
- Pat Daly, Gem-A, 'Gemstone Identification'
- Bill Larson, Pala International, 'Gemstones and Gem Mining in San Diego County California
For more information on all of the activities surrounding the Gem-A Conference and for hotel recommendations take a look at our website: www.gem-a.com
Bookings for this event will close on Friday 21 October 2016.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
We welcome delegates that are over 16 years old.
I have booked but can no longer attend the event?
Cancellations received prior to 15 October 2016 will incur a charge of £30. No refund can be given for cancellations received after this date.
What's included in the ticket price?
If you are attending Saturday/Sunday of the Conference we include the following: Conference registration, tea and coffee, catered lunch.
Is there parking at the venue?
On-street parking is available at Portland Place
Is there accomodation near the venue?
Yes, hotels are listed on the Gem-A website along with an interactive hotel map
Can my organisation become a Conference sponsor?
Yes! Take a look at the Gem-A Conference 2016 Sponsorship package
Still got questions? Contact: email@example.com