Actions and Detail Panel
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) top 10 need to know's...
Thu, May 18, 2017, 7:30 AM – 8:45 PM BST
This is an information event aimed at local organisations who want to know more about GDPR. (General Data Protection Legislation) It will offer you a really good overview to include where to start and what to consider.
The event is built around the top 10 most common misconceptions about the regulations. The foollowing offers you an idea of what will be covered:
EU GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is designed to protect the rights of a living individual meaning, any country who processes, stores or monitors data that identifies EU data subjects will need to comply.
What are the top 10 key points to be aware of?
As a business, you need to be aware of and clearly understand:
- The risks to your business for non-compliance.
- Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Implications if data is stolen, lost, inaccurate or accessed by unauthorised personnel
- Where is ALL your data? could you prove it if asked by the regulator
- Changes in Direct Marketing & rules around consent
- the new rights given to EU citizens over their data.
- The route to fines and new compensation
- Storing, deletion and processing of data has fundamentally changed
- 72 hours to report a breach – see point 2
- New obligations if you process data on behalf of a data owner (Controller)
If you need further information ahead of the date itself please feel free to contact the organiser, Revd. Mark james on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07443 577577