Actions and Detail Panel
GCM Adventure Series Uwharrie - Spring 2017
Sat, Apr 29, 2017, 8:00 AM – Sun, Apr 30, 2017, 2:00 PM EDT
GCM Adventure Series Uwharrie is back for 2017 with two more epic weekends of tiny trucking, this time without the hurricane!!! We will be following the same format as 2016, including the same rules and scoring for tech, gallery voting, and out on the trails. Your final score will take into account all 3 (tech scoring, gallery scoring and driving scores on trail), so don't miss any of it!
We have also added two new action-packed, single-day events to our 2017 schedule. The Uwharrie #tinytrucks Challenge will combine trail courses and team challenge events for an exciting day of #tinytruck awesomeness.
Our 2017 events:
4/29-4/30: GCM Adventure Series Uwharrie Spring Edition
6/10: Uwharrie #tintytrucks Challenge Spring Edition
9/23-24: GCM Adventure Series Uwharrie Fall Edition
11/18: Uwharrie #tintytrucks Challenge Fall Edition
- Tires must be 4.75 inch or under to compete
- Bonus points for tires under 4.20"
- Individual course runs are not timed, but courses must be completed within 'opening' and 'closing' time for each course. Repairs, battery changes, etc. must be done in this same allotted time. Your rig must finish the course to get a score for the course.
- No hand of god on course. You are encouraged to use winches, tow ropes, or help from another truck (in a scale manner) help you recover.
You will get 1 point for each of the following:
1. 5+ NON functional items
2. 3+ Actual FUNCTIONING items
3. Frame mounted steering servo
4. Functional transfer case
5. 3D engine in vehicle
6. Driver with visible legs AND feet
7. Total Tire Tuck
8. Opening and closing body panel
- Gallery votes from your peers will be recorded in the following categories: Best Old Look Truck, Best New Look Truck, Best Engine Bay, Best Scale Accessory, Best Interior, Best Driver, Best Paint/Weathering, Best Detail, Best Metal Work, Best of Show #tinytrucks
- Your truck must start at least 1 trail to be eligible for gallery award
- Peer gallery votes for each truck will count toward the overall event score for that truck. So even if you don't win an award, the votes you receive from your peers will count!
PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE FOR ADVENTURE SERIES
Please note that this is a preliminary schedule and is subject to change before the event...
- This event takes place in a protected National Forest. Please be respectful of the surroundings and familiarize yourself with park rules before arriving at the event.
- Alcohol is NOT PERMITTED at the group camp site.
- You do NOT need to register for camping at Uwharrie unless you want a powered RV site or a Private site. Your EventBrite Camping ticket with Adventure Series is all you need for the Group Camp Site.
- Please visit the Uwharrie Badin Lake Group Camp web site below for more information: http://www.recreation.gov/camping/badin-lake-group-camp/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73841