The Cincinnati Children's Hospital Division of Human Genetics and the Cincinnati Genetic Counseling Program are excited to be able to offer a 5 week summer learning experience in 2017 for 2 college students interested in learning more about genetic counseling as a career.
This learning opportunity will consist of several self-paced modules, discussion of those modules with genetic counselors, and clinical shadowing opportunities. Modules will cover topics such as the genetic counseling profession, pedigree analysis, communication and interviewing skills, multiculturalism, psychosocial counseling, and roles of genetic counselors in multiple settings.
Interested candidates should register here. See details below.
- Dates of experience: June 19th - July 21st
- Participants are expected to be available during normal business hours (8 am – 5 pm Monday – Friday)
- Participants are also expected to attend DNA Sample Day on August 11th
- Participants must have graduated high school and currently be enrolled in college
- Interested individuals must register by February 3rd to receive an application.
- Applications must be completed by March 3rd.
- Applicants will be informed as to whether they were selected by April 7th.
Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
3333 Burnet Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45229