The Georgia Oracle Users Group is hosting its first
One of the best ways to learn new technology is with hands-on experience. During this workshop you will have an opportunity to set up Oracle 12c Real Application Cluster environment on your laptop, go through advanced RAC related setup scenarios or work together with other technical geeks on solving RAC related challenges.
Experienced RAC Attack volunteers (ninjas) will help you address any related issues and guide you through the setup process. Depending on personal experience, participants have four options to choose from:
- RAC 12c installation - participants install Oracle Virtualbox, Oracle Linux, Oracle 12c RAC and configure those components to work together.
- RAC 12c automated setup - participants setup a Vagrant + Ansible environment and get RAC 12c installed automatically using open-source scripts developed by the community.
- RAC 12c advanced tasks - for those who have 12c RAC on their laptops already, the workshop has to offer to go through a set of advanced scenarios. Each scenario focused on a particular RAC 12c features to learn and explorer.
- RAC freestyle - several geeks join in groups to work on RAC related challenges
RAC Attack isn’t just about RAC. During the workshop you learn how to setup one of the most complex infrastructures on your laptop. You learn how to configure and clone virtual machines, how to create and setup internal and external virtual networks, create different storage types, setup a local DNS server and other challenging components.
After this workshop you have enough knowledge to setup a test/sandbox environment for virtually any product.
To participate in the workshop, participants need to bring their own laptop. Recommended specification:
a) any 64 bit OS that supports Oracle Virtual Box
b) 8GB RAM, 45GB free HDD space, SSD recommended.
Important: it's required to pre-download Oracle Database 12c and Oracle Grid Infrastructure 12c for Linux x86-64 from the Oracle Website http://tinyurl.com/rac12c-dl (four files: linuxamd64_12c_database_1of2.zip linuxamd64_12c_database_2of2.zip linuxamd64_12c_grid_1of2.zip linuxamd64_12c_grid_2of2.zip). Due to license restrictions it's not be possible to distribute Oracle Software.
When & Where
Georgia Oracle Users Group
The Georgia Oracle Users Group members are DBAs, developers, and other individuals who are interested in Oracle database technology. The expertise of our members varies from the merely inquisitive to the longtime professionals with decades of experience. Some of our members are employed at prestigious corporations, some are not currently employed, and many fall between.
As a group, our purpose is to:
- Create a network of personal and technical resources
- Improve knowledge of Oracle technology
- Focus on sharing information from the Oracle user community about its experiences
- Provide an open forum for the exchange of ideas
- Bring together Oracle professionals throughout Georgia