San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Immerse yourself in the culture of one of New York's most colorful neighborhoods, Little Italy, learn the comprehensive history of the Mafia as we recount gangster tales of the underworld, from the Five Points to John Gotti, The Gangster Tour of New York has it all. Hear the stories behind the historic landmarks that evoke the bloody feud between New York's famed five families. Visit film locations from cinema's most iconic gangster films, including The Godfather, Goodfellas, Mean Streets, and many more!
Capacity: 40 people per guide
Dress: It’s a walking tour so dress comfortably!
Final Destination: Outside New York County Courthouse, 60 Centre St, New York
Gangster Tour Itinerary
- Petrosino Square The park named after NYC's first Italian detective, who locked up more than 500 criminals
- Old St Patrick's Cathedral NYC's oldest Catholic church, featured in Mean Streets and the Godfather Trilogy
- John Gotti See the site of his social club and favorite Little Italy hangouts
- Curb Exchange The Bootlegging depot of NYC in the Prohibition Era, boy are there some stories to tell!
- Umberto's The site of Little Italy's most infamous mob shooting
- Mulberry St Bar Grab a drink at this Little Italy staple, Donnie Brasco and The Soprano's all did
- The Godfather Bring an orange and renact one of cinema's most iconic scenes where it happened
- Cha Cha's The unofficial mayor of Little Italy works the counter when he's not an extra on literally every gangster movie ever made
- The New York County Courthouse Where Henry Hill, played by Ray Liotta in Goodfellas, testified against the mob
- There are many more hidden mafia stories and secrets in store on this cultural dive into Little Italy.
When & Where
Best Tours operate over 100 tours in 13 cities in the USA, Canada, UK and Australia
Tapping the best local expertise we curate information rich, entertaining, eye-opening tours in cities all over the world. Whether you're visiting a new city or have lived their for years, our curated range of walking tours, food tours, and private vehicle tours are here to help you truly understand and appreciate the place you are experiencing, to see it through a fresh pair of eyes, and change your perception. So whether it's just some sightseeing you're after, or you want to delve deep into the food culture, we've got you covered.
Why take a tour when you can just walk around by yourself? Good question!
We know things you don't, like where the best ice cream is. Really important. Our well researched, highly entertaining tours show you a side to a city, place, or neighborhood that combines history, culture, architecture, and an expertise in the subject matter that your smart phone and you just can't compete with.
If you're looking for things to do and places to go in cities all over the world, like New York, Sydney, London or Los Angeles, you've come to the right place! BestTours is the world's best tour company, offering the best tours on and off the beaten track! Our world famous sightseeing tours, food tours, and private vehicle tours show you a city through it's culture and food, engage you through it's history, and entertain you with it's wonder!