Actions and Detail Panel
Game Lab | Game Development for Kids (Ages 11-17)
Mon, Jun 5, 2017, 7:30 AM – Fri, Jun 16, 2017, 3:30 PM CDT
This summer, Louisiana Technology Park is hosting TWO camps!
- Game Lab | Game Development for Kids (Ages 11-17)
- Video Lab | Film Development for Kids (Ages 9-14)
Game Lab | Game Development for Kids
Game Labs is a game development, 10-day crash course in programming, and game development FUNdamentals for kids! Build, develop and play video games from idea to creation. Mentors will be on-hand to guide students through the process of developing game ideas and bringing those ideas to life through a variety of digital tools.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Elements of a great video game and how to create them
- Enabling VR(Virtual Reality) in Unity Gaming projects
- Developing and Previewing VR in Unity
- How to Develop a Game from an idea (From scratch. The: mechanics, art, rule set, and controls)
- How to Capture VR Inputs
- How to debug and QA a game to make it more playable
- How to Create Interactive Objects (Oculus)
- Software used: Unity™, Blender™, Oculus VR API™
Mon, Jun 5, 2017, 7:30 AM – Fri, Jun 16, 2017, 3:30 PM
- Drop-off starts at 7:30 a.m, class begins at 8:00 a.m.
- Pickup starts at 3:30p.m. Pick-up ends at 4:00 p.m., after which a late charge at the rate of $5 per minute will apply.
$500 covers: 1) Game Lab for one child. 2) Pizza Party Lunch on Fridays 3) Awesome t-shirt!
WHAT TO BRING:
Laptop (able to run Unity game engine), Lunches on Mondays -Thursday, and a great attitude!
Louisiana Technology Park, 7117 Florida Boulevard, Baton Rouge LA 70806, in the Bon Carré Business Center.
Go ahead and fill out our information form to skip the sign-up process at the door:
Fun Facts about Current Labs Offered by Louisiana Tech Park Labs:
We have a 6:1 STAFF RATIO
Our average student-to-staff ratio for will be 6:1 and in some cases, this ratio is even lower. Our Instructors include technology educators, student mentors, and talented, upper-level university students who have a genuine passion for the subject and a demonstrated skill for teaching and inspiring young learners. Our lead instructors are supported by outstanding teaching assistants and a year-round curriculum development team that builds innovative and engaging courses and learning experiences.
PERSONALIZED LEARNING EXPERIENCE
Our amazing team of curriculum developers and year-round staff has built a fun and engaging learning experience that accommodates a wide range of ages and abilities. This, along with a very skilled instructional staff and low student-to-staff ratio, allows us to individualize lessons, customize the learning experience and offer plenty of personalized, one-on-one time for each student.
SPARKING CURIOSITY & BUILDING CONFIDENCE
Our lab provides hands-on, project-based learning designed to spark curiosity, confidence, and collaboration. Our immersive courses bring like-minded students together to inspire one another, and confidence soars when students gain knowledge, skills, critical-thinking abilities and hands-on experience.