G191 Incident Command System/Emergency Operations Center Interface
Friday, December 9, 2016 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This one day course works best when delivered to Incident Command System and Emergency Operations Center personnel from the same community. The course provides an opportunity for participants to begin developing an ICS/EOC interface for their community. The course reviews ICS and EOC responsibilities and functions and depends heavily on exercises and group discussions to formulate the interface. Prerequisites: Recommended: IS-100, IS-200 or equivalents. Required for Advanced Professional Series certification.
For participants who feel comfortable using the Knowledge Center: access the Knowledge Center using the web address for the agency where your account resides. If your account is with VDEM, you will go to:
The announcement section on VDEM’s login page provides an instruction sheet for first time users to register for an account and, once approved, enroll in the desired course(s).
For those who do not feel comfortable using the Knowledge Center for enrollment, there is a new enrollment method via submission of an online form. Each course description on VDEM’s website (www.vaemergency.gov) has a link to the form, and it is also linked on the VDEM Knowledge Center home page (https://covkc.virginia.gov/vdem/external). Our Help Desk will use the form to verify/create your account and enroll you in the course. If you still have difficulty, please contact the LMS Help Desk at 804-897-9995.
When & Where
Virginia Department of Emergency Management - Region VII
As a part of state govermment, The Virginia Department of Emergency Management provides support services to local jurisdictions. The focus is to prepare local government employees, non-governmental organizational members and stakeholders/private contractor personnel who engage in natural/man-made incident response or significant planned events to be effecient and effective in serving the community and themselves as it relates to life safety, incident stabilization and property conservation through exceptional incident management known as the Incident Command System.
VDEM is responsible for:
- The Emergency Operations Plan
- The Continuity of Operations Plan
- Maintaining and Managing the Emergency Operations Center
- Working with VA state and local government Policy Group during times of natural/man-made disasters or significant planned events.
- Providing coordination and support to both VA state and northern virginia local government agencies involved in field based operations serving the local community during significant incident response or planned events.
- Directing initial emergency notifications to the public, state and local government agency personnel.
- Ensuring all state and local government incident response agencies, non-governmental organizations and stakeholders/private contractors are educated, trained and possess the knowledge, skills and abilities to serve the residential and business communities within the commonwealth of Virginia when needed.