San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
SORRY, the event is at capacity. We start at 5:30 EASTERN time.
May is Social Media Club's Anniversary Month and we'll be celebrating with a "United We Share" effort across all Social Media Club chapters.
The era of traditional marketing through product placement, direct advertisements, and promotions may well be a thing of the past. Content marketing has quickly picked up the pace and is about to eclipse traditional marketing as we know it today. Combine the prevalence of content marketing with the potential for success, and it becomes obvious the demand for content marketing will only continue to rise. As content marketing grows, so will the techniques for creating and publishing this content.
According to the Content Marketing Institute, marketers already spend a quarter of their budget on content marketing with 60 percent planning to increase their content marketing budgets in the future. With so much money pouring into content creation, companies must fully understand both how the content marketing landscape will change in the future. Consider:
· Nine out of 10 B2B marketers currently engaging in some form of content marketing
· Blogging use increased from 51% of marketers to 65%
· Companies that blog receive 55% more web traffic than those that don’t
· Articles and social media remained the top two vehicles for content marketing
Text100 and the New York Chapter of the Social Media Club are jointly hosting a discussion to look at the future of content marketing. Senior marketing and communications executives from across the industry will gather at Alison Eighteen, 15 West 18th Street, New York, share insights on a broad range of related topics including:
· Managing the content ecosystem and aligning content to the buying cycle
· Best practices in building an integrated content marketing strategy
· Content marketing examples and successes
· What brands can do to prepare for the future of content marketing
· How the future of social media marketing will impact content marketing
· Proving the ROI for content or content strategy
Moderated by, Jeremy Donovan, Global Vice President at Gartner, the following individuals will be offering their unique perspectives on the issue:
· Aedhmar Hynes, CEO, Text100 Global Communications
· Yvonne MacPherson, Executive Director, BBC Media Action
· Ben Edwards, VP Global Communications and Digital Marketing, IBM
· Brian Swarth, Vice President, Group Director Digital Services, Showtime Networks
Tickets are limited, please RSVP soon.
We're sold out.
When & Where
Social Media Club New York City (SMCNYC)
Social Media Club hosts conversations that explore key issues facing our society as technologies transform the way we connect, communicate, collaborate and relate to each other.
We are focused on expanding digital media literacy, sharing lessons learned, promoting ethical behavior and advancing industry standards. Social Media Club is a non-profit organization, and the world's largest community of Social Media Professionals, with local chapters in 300+ cities.