Actions and Detail Panel
Funeral Rites Workshop
Sat, April 8, 2017, 11:00 AM – 4:30 PM BST
Assalāmu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullāhi Wa Barakātuh
An exclusive event for the sisters to benefit from this workshop, here in LEICESTER. Jamīatul Mumināt presents "the FUNERAL RITES" workshop delivered by a team of experienced Ālimāt in English.
We all lead different lives. We do not all experience the same things in life. But there is one event that will definitely take place in everyone’s life – death.
Your loved ones will not stay in this world forever but do you know what to do when they are in their last moments? Would you know how to bathe them and make preparations for their burial? This course will help you prepare for the inevitable.
- How do I handle a family member falling ill?
- What do I do in their final moments in this world?
- How do I wash and shroud the dead?
- How can I benefit my dear mother after her death?
- What are the procedures of burial?
- What to do when visiting the graveyard?
You will find answers to these questions and more in the “The Funeral Rites” course.
Remember death waits for no man; learn about a matter that’s guaranteed to come sooner or later.Don’t you think it is time to learn about the journey and happenings that we all have to go through?
The topics covered are:
- Sickness and the final moments
- Events preceding a death in light of the Qur'an and Hadith
- Q & A related to the topic.
- The happenings at the time of death
- What to do when the ill is experiencing the pangs of death
- What happens to the body straight after the soul is removed?
- Preparation of the Deceased: washing and shrouding
- Practical demonstrations on shrouding and bathing the deceased.
- Understanding the Sunnah method of consoling the bereaved.
- Q & A related to the topic.
Who is this course for?
Every Muslim striving to practice Islam correctly and looking to increase his/her attachment to the Hereafter. The course will help you give your loved ones the final farewell according to the Sunnah of the beloved Messenger of Allah ﷺ.
Due to the nature of this course under 15 are not permitted.
What are the outcomes of this course?
A detailed knowledge of how to benefit the dead after they have left us.
An understanding of related innovations that we need avoid related to the death of a loved one.
Comprehend the multifaceted Fiqh rulings surrounding funeral rites (including washing and shrouding the body, and Janāzah practices) within the context of the Sunnah of our beloved messenger ﷺ.
Know the etiquettes of offering condolences to people who have lost their loved ones.
Ensure that you honour those who have passed away by identifying and embracing the various Sunnah practices concerning death.
This workshop is £10 in which all course materials will be provided. Please purchase your ticket in advance using the links, and bring with you on the day for registration.
Please note that any attendee without a valid ticket will be refused entry.
The details for the sessions are as follows:
DATE: Saturday 8th April 2017
TIME: 11:00am - 4:30pm
VENUE: JGA Sports Hall, 50 Rolleston St, Leicester, LE5 3SD
*Compulsory Prayer breaks will be included
*You may bring with you a packed lunch.
For further information please contact us on:
We look forward to your presence!
JM Admin Team
A spiritual and educational platform for Muslim women